Breaking glass

Berken

This is an art problem. Everyone can figure out how to hide one model and replace it with a bunch of broken pieces, but you need the model / texture to make this.

Thanks, but i am not know Lua or C++ im beginner. So i'm not break glass.

note: my english is bad so i'm sorry

•  

•  

The simple way is when a collision occurs, you just hide the existing model and show a bunch of fragments that represent the broken model. You need to understand how entity scripts work in order to do this:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/lua-scripting-r12#section6

The Newton API is all accessible in C++. I have not gotten into the breakage stuff yet because I felt like it wouldn't work like people expect, and would just open the door to more requests, and would always be considered incomplete. Physics breakage tends to work well for a single object that all breaks at once, but it doesn't work well when you get into supporting structures, like one piece falling because another was destroyed.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.