Can't load my level in the editor anymore!

Alright, I was working on a level today, I made all my changes to it and was happy with the results, so I saved, and started working on another one. Then when I tried to load the level I was working on before I get this:

post-13811-0-74959100-1456173112_thumb.png

This is really bad because I've been working on that level for months now, I really can't allow it to just give up on me.

The red text on the console says:

Error: script connection target entity not found.

Error: script connection target entity not found.

Here's what I've done so far that hasn't fixed the issue:

-Re-launched Leadwerks.

-Made another project, copied over the files and tried to load the level there.

-Published a stand alone and tried it, whenever it starts to load that level it crashes.

-Opted in to the latest beta, tried to load it again, no dice.

In my understanding, this should give an error when you try to play the level, not load it in the editor.

Any thoughts on this?

Have you tried the Steam option to verify the integrity of Leadwerks?

Wont fix the "New" button problem but have you tried opening any of the backups in the Backup directory? On windows it's in C:/Users/Username/Documents/Leadwerks/Backup directory.

Found the issue, and it's a pretty dumb one.

I had an "event" in that level where a monster went to a waypoint after a specific x amount of time, the thing is, I must have deleted that pivot by accident and that's what was causing the editor to crash.

I thought it was something a lot more serious and now I feel dumb.

GG.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem again, as soon as I click the "New" button, I get that message, and if I try to load a level I get that message as well, if I load backup number 46 or before of that map it works, but anything from that point on(47 to 62) crashes the engine.

I could rebuild everything I did again, but it's like 5 hours of work, I don't really want to go back and do it all over again.

Put in a bunch of System:Print() statements and give them numbers at various major points in your code so you can see the last one it hit and you can narrow it down to where it's failing. Generally these are when things point to entities that don't exist.

I will be unable to test this until the weekend, but in the meantime I would check the backups directory for the last working copy.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 months later...