Leadwerks Integration with MFC

darrenc182

I don't know how, but I can't imagine why anyone would want to. Do you know and enjoy using MFC? Maybe there is an alternative that we can help you with?

Did you try creating an MFC project and include LE in it? If so what kind of errors you are getting?

Hey Rick. I don't know of anyone that enjoys using MFC, but I do know how to use it. I have used it a few times to write tools, which is what I want to do with this project. I know how to do it with OpenGL, but I want to write a ragdoll creator/editor for leadwerks. I think it would be better to use Leadwerks and MFC directly rather then using Leadwerks, OpenGL and MFC because the former sounds less bloated and more efficient. I haven't tried it yet with Leadwerks and MFC. I just wanted to see if anyone had any information or if it has been done before.

Intel 2nd Generation i5 Quad Core Running at 3.30GHz. 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 460 1024MB DDR5.

If you can create an OpenGL viewport, it will work.

So are you suggesting that I need to use OpenGL, Leadwerks and MFC together and I can't just use Leadwerks and MFC?

Intel 2nd Generation i5 Quad Core Running at 3.30GHz. 8GB RAM, GeForce GTX 460 1024MB DDR5.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got some time to work on this. I was able to get it to work using the references you gave VeTaL, thanks. I am getting this stupid unhandled exception when the render context is set to NULL before a call to wglMakeCurrent. I do not know why it happens because it will work without any problems sometimes. It only seems to crash after running another app that was using OpenGL before. I don't know why this is happening yet, but I think it's because the MFC app cannot acquire an available render context. That doesn't make much such because I check to see if the render context was created successfully. Anyway I will continue to try. Thanks for all the help and input.