Cobra

tjheldna

Cool looking game, guys! Simple gameplay, but still fun to play!

Models and animations are well done, TJ! :)

Topped Rick's highscore, btw! biggrin.png

Got 2600. Who can do better?

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Got the highscore with 4400

You naughty boy! biggrin.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Nice try josk... Try to beat it now ph34r.png

It could be cool if you could shoot the enemy bullets to protect yourself, the ones going wide are hard to dodge

Using Leadwerks Professional Edition (Beta), mainly using C++.

Windows 10 / Linux Mint, Visual Studio 2017. GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX970, CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.20 GHz

Previously known as Evayr.

The zone called me.

I remember playing Smash tv back on megadrive or Playstation and found the zone, unbeatable until my contact lense popped out from not blinking.biggrin.png

Theres a lot you could do to this game, maybe drop first aid, have different enemies that maybe fire two bullets.

Shooting enemy bullets would be good. More points for head shots with some nice exploding brains.

More weapons.

• Upvote 1

Elite Cobra Squad

Great little game.

Nice cartoony graphics which suit the game.

Good music.

Clever use of animated characters. Although there are a set number of animations you never feel that you know where the next one is coming from.

For me the hi-score table was difficult fo read. The end game graphic is drawn of the top of it. Also the bottom half of the table is empty even thou I played multiple games. When I finally got a good score my name covered my score.

What is the gernade in the borrow left corner for? Future development?

I like the suggestions above for further improvements. Medkits, character rolls, etc.

How about an end of level type character that shoots multiple bullets and takes multiple hits to kill.

Great job guys I'm looking forward to see where you take this.

@ Josk, good effort with the high score. A couple of times I had what I thought was a good round only to be miles short of your score.

Thanks Thirsty,

Yeah, the high score display was from Josh's example code for it and I changed the font and size. I'll have to go back over it and make sure it works for all resolutions as currently it doesn't.

The grenade is for future development (we have grenades about 90% finished right now. will release another version shortly).

We plan on having this level just an endless mash of things we want in the entire game in the future. We'll have a number of different levels with end bosses ever so often and levels will get progressively harder. At some point we hope to do a greenlight for this game and get it beyond the LE Game Player.

• Upvote 1

The roll is brilliant and makes the game much more fun to play. The grenades are great too but sometimes I expect them to kill 2 soldiers but it only gets 1 so I'm thinking slightly bigger splash damage might be better on them. After I die and play second time for a while it crashes, last log below.

Lua Error: [string "E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Leadwerks Game Launcher/scripts/objects/ai/basicsoldier2.lua"]:50: attempt to index field 'script' (a nil value)

Process complete.

Check out my games: One More Day / Halloween Pumpkin Run

he grenades are great too but sometimes I expect them to kill 2 soldiers but it only gets 1

I've noticed that too. Generally the 2 that come in from the left around the same time. We'll look at that. When we were testing we had the grenade drop change at 75% so we could go grenade crazy and it seemed too powerful to have a big splash area but with them being much more limited now I think a bigger splash area is warranted.

Thanks for finding that bug. I'll log it and work on getting that fixed!

• 3 weeks later...

Rick and I have kept a bit quiet with this for a little while now but behind the scenes we have really been working hard.

We both agree that we want to keep working on this title and have had some really cool 'wins' of late that we would like to share.

We have come up with a studio name of 'TR Indie productions'. We have had 1 logo design back and we are really happy with it. We have another designer working on it too, so we are yet to see and make our final decision.

There have been lots of progress with plot (as shallow as it is being an arcade style game).

Steam Greenlight page has been started, however this wont be made public just yet.

Functionality improvements with the scene starting to be more reactive to explosions, and shooting; level changing.

New first level created to reflect story line.

Many new models created.

I have been working on the main character design and we decided to go for a more cartoonish feel. At the style first was a bit foreign for me, but have had a blast creating him.

The first of one of the playable characters near completion. His name is no longer "Soldier01" he is now....

"Sgt. Jack Grind"

post-5086-0-78903200-1448763712_thumb.png

Thanks.

• Upvote 5
trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0