Where is Leadwerks 3.6 heading eventually ?

Juggernaut

1. Where are the C++ tutorials gone ?

2. Good surface detail shaders like parallax occlusion mapping , relief mapping etc . are still missing.

3. Terrain shadow is missing.

4. Animated meshes are not getting properly imported in the Leadwerks from Blender FBX export.

1. We're focusing on tutorials for Lua. C++ doesn't really require tutorials, it just needs the API reference, since anyone using it already is a pretty advanced programmer.

2. The engine does not presently include a parallax occlusion mapping shader.

3. Terrain does not cast shadows for performance.

4. I am unaware of any problems importing FBX files. Please post a file if you have one that does not work.

If you want to know what I am working on, my blog is regularly updated:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/1-joshs-blog/

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

As far as I can remember there never have been official c++ tuturials.

There were third party tutorials in c+= by aggror but I don't know where they are now apart from my own copies which I have kept.

I think less experienced c++ coders WILL need a tutorial such as a first person setup at least.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

C++ beginner tutorials are basically an oxymoron. You just can't teach basic concepts in a reasonable amount of code with C++, which is why I recommend using Lua unless you really need C++.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Oxymoron? Had to look that one upohmy.png

I learned c a long tie ago and moving to c++ was not too panfull. My current code looks more c than c+++ but it works.

I think the point is that if you are new to programming, you should have a firm understanding of the lua interface and 3d graphics before jumping into the Leadwerks C++ code. You can do the vast majority of things a game requires in lua. In my opinion if a beginner needs to do something that is not possible in lua, they are biting off more than they can chew. After spending a few weeks/months working with lua, a programmer will have a much better understanding of Leadwerks to base the changes that would require modifying C++ source. Picking up the basics of the C++ language is probably the easiest part in all that.

• 2 weeks later...