Why road texture looks ...

wh1sp3r

I don't know why most textures which come with the SDK have these horrible 4x4 pixel squares.

It's not a issue with DXT5, since you can take a 4x4 pixelated texture and blur it in Paint.NET, and then it looks much better. However, to get the pixel sharp details, you need to have the original texture, which you can then save as DXT5 from Paint.NET without getting those 4x4 pixel squares.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

DaDonik: texture has 900KB ;-)

It's not about texture actually, but road tool doesn't care about texture, it scretch it as it wants ..

EDIT: ah, i understand, how it works exactly .. i draw a circle on texture :) texture is repeating very often ....

-= Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz - ATI HD5870 - 6 GB DDR3 RAM - Windows 8 Pro 64x=-

The tessellation property for the road nodes causes texture coordinate to compress making them tile more. The higher the tessellation, the more compressed the coordinates get and the more frequent the texture will repeat. Try lowering the tessellation value and see if that fixes it for you.

Vista | AMD Dual Core 2.49 GHz | 4GB RAM | nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

Online Portfolio | www.brianmcnett.com

I don't think it is supposed to compress the UV coordinates. Higher tessellation should be used to add more geometry to help the road conform to more complex terrain, which this property does accomplish. I think the UV coordinates getting compressed is probably a bug.

Vista | AMD Dual Core 2.49 GHz | 4GB RAM | nVidia GeForce 8800GTX 768MB

Online Portfolio | www.brianmcnett.com