Avoid Seams

YouGroove

I have seams not visible when the camera is close and lot more visibme when the camera is far.

How to fix the problem ? It is mip mapping related ?

or do i need to fix normal map seam manually or re make the UV seams differently to hide them ?

post-3271-0-21442000-1426803871_thumb.jpg

Stop toying and make games

It looks like the mip mapping is going down a level which blurs the textures a bit and is bluring with a white background. In this example to help avoid you need color the green passed your uv islands...

Blue line = UV

Dark green = your texture color

Light green = background color

post-5086-0-94270400-1426825832_thumb.png

First off this is a bad diagram, but you can see that I have colored the dark green passed the (blue) UV lines and anything around it is a similar green. If any blurring occurs due to distance it wont matter or will be hardly visible.

I'll bet on your texture all unused parts of the texture are white and the diffuse coloring stops right on the edge of a UV island?

Sorry this is a little hard to get across.

• Upvote 2
trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Would be hard to say without the model and textures. I would try looking at the diffuse and normal maps first

The model is just fine.

I'll bet on your texture all unused parts of the texture are white and the diffuse coloring stops right on the edge of a UV island?

3D coat propose some texture padding, so it avoids seams problems.

I re exported the normal map , and the seams is not visible , but make some strange look artifacts on long distance.

post-3271-0-51495300-1426837213_thumb.jpg

post-3271-0-02715700-1426837220_thumb.jpg

Stop toying and make games

I don't think you have to disable mip-mapping (as it would give you aliasing artefacts). Try switching on ClampX and ClampY on your diffuse and normal map. This way it should use the last pixel on each edge over and over again thus eliminating any seams.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 Quad 2.3 Ghz, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Windows 10 (x64)