Shader problems

AnthonyPython

I am having problems with getting a couple of shader's to work in leadwerks, uh there just not working, I am not sure if it is just my side or if they just don't work. (as they work in shadertool)

one of them is a edge glow

and the other is a fullscreen fake 3d shader(http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=353301645) to use for my menu, be great for any help.

EdgeGlow.zip

Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU integrated Radeon HD Graphics 1.50 GHz

well just looking at the edge glow shader code briefly, the uniforms/varying args look more like a combination of shadertoy.com and the shadertool rather than what is inherent to leadwerks. I thought there was some sort of export to LE variables for shadertool?

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

@macklebee

there is, I used the leadwerks effect node which should export it to leadwerks correctly (and yes the edgeglow is from shadertoy, and modified to work in shadertool, (but it should have been converted to work with leadwerks)

Update: I have reported this clearly broken node (all it seems to do is copy and paste into a .shader which doesn't work)

And they are isolating this problem to fix this issue they are aware of this problem now, they didn't know this was problem due to no one has reported this to them about anything on the leadwerk node until I have.

I hope they get this fixed as there some great shader's on shadertoy I would love to use.

Got another reply:

Hello,

we have found the issue and we have fixed it. An update will be available next week together with a lot of new nodes and new functionality. We also will add some example Leadwerks templates to ShaderTool so you can see how to make it Leadwerks conform as you need to use typical Leadwerks semantics in ShaderTool to get it running in Leadwerks - actually that was one failure in your project but we had also issues regarding post processing in Leadwerks - but it is fixed now.

Hope you will change your mind about our support as we almost react instant on custommer requests but some bugs may take a few days until fixed

Have a nice day, too

Thx, Stefan

Just to be clear and clarify something I would like to know. The Leadwerks node in ShaderTool. What does this do exactly? It may be a stupid question but. Let's say I see a shader on something like ShaderToy.com and I copy and paste the code and do my edits with the nodes etc.

Using the Leadwerks node on my shader in ShaderTool, would that change all the code I used from ShaderToy.com to work with Leadwerks? Rather than me having to go through the code and change it all manually to work with Leadwerks?

As far as I was aware I just thought that the Leadwerks node in ShaderTool exports your shader as a .shader file to be compatible with Leadwerks.

I really need to learn this shader business but don't know where to start :(

Just to be clear and clarify something I would like to know. The Leadwerks node in ShaderTool. What does this do exactly? It may be a stupid question but. Let's say I see a shader on something like ShaderToy.com and I copy and paste the code and do my edits with the nodes etc.

Using the Leadwerks node on my shader in ShaderTool, would that change all the code I used from ShaderToy.com to work with Leadwerks? Rather than me having to go through the code and change it all manually to work with Leadwerks?

As far as I was aware I just thought that the Leadwerks node in ShaderTool exports your shader as a .shader file to be compatible with Leadwerks.

I really need to learn this shader business but don't know where to start sad.png

It doesn't do anything just copy and paste into a .shader file currently there going to release a fix and with new nodes this coming week and will provide example leadwerk shader's and a reference for the leadwerk commands. but they said its fixed. (they did have trouble with post processing effect's in leadwerks)

Rename files from .fx to .shader? I have no idea, I don't have the tool.

Basically when it comes down to it ATM

Also Thanks Shadmar :D your great cool.png

My shadertool just got updated today, so read through the details to see what has changed, and the makers of Shadertool are about to finalise their build, they would like to know if anyone has problems using their tool with Leadwerks to let them know, presumably by posting on their steam, shadertool, discussions site.

My shadertool just got updated today, so read through the details to see what has changed, and the makers of Shadertool are about to finalise their build, they would like to know if anyone has problems using their tool with Leadwerks to let them know, presumably by posting on their steam, shadertool, discussions site.

they are aware of this issue and in the coming week a new update will come out providing project example's for leadwerk user's as well the fixed issue with the node, and correct leadwerk reference to help convert the shader's to work properly with leadwerks

In shadertool create a leadwerks template node. the Leadwerks fs,PS template has what looks to be a boilerplate diffuse shader with 1 texture.

I Already know about the leadwerk effect node, but all it does is copy/paste the code you feed it, so even if it works in shader tool, it doesn't mean it will work in Leadwerks so it's not as easy to just copy and paste.

Another update of ShaderTool today 17th Feb..

amongst other details were these.

NEW FUNCTIONALITY:

- Post-Effects support for Leadwerks engine

- Save contents of rendertarget to file (right click into rendertarget node to open save as file dialog)

- Effect templates for all possible shader combinations, also for Leadwerks engine (you can find them when creating a new effect node)