Keep animations on model reimport

YouGroove

HI,

I had to re import a 3D character with animations but i wanted to keep animations i extracted before as i re imported it for fixing something and there was no animations change.

reimport.jpg

It would be cool to have some option on re importing an animated model to have something to tell if we want to keep previous extracted animations.

Or be able to save extracted animations of some MDL, then be able to re apply them to a re imported model.

(Let down the idea if it's complicated to put in place)

Stop toying and make games

Forget it, there is already a "load animations" to laod animations from file in model editor menu.

Is there also a way to export them, or it's a moot point.

• Upvote 1

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

It makes sense : Save animation

So we could choose load animation without having to create the file manually.

Actually in practice be able to laod each time some Txt file containing all animations ranges to extract is just super usefull.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

It would be pretty difficult to retain post-export adjustments and redo them all reliably. Ideally the user should be doing this all in their own model editing program.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Is it just because of how the system is set up right now? Because the theory sounds doable:

• Detect FBX change
  • Scan in current data from model file (scale, animations, anything else model editor can change)
  • Update model file with fbx
  • Apply data scanned in from previous model file, scaling, reapplying animation list, etc.