Visual C++ Runtime Error

I don't know if this can be classified as a bug, or if it's just me mucking something up. Either way, I've been trying to fix this for the most part of two hours. I've tried reinstalling, I've tried installing the VC redists from the Leadwerks directory, and I've attempted downloading them from MSDN, but I can't get it to work.

http://i.imgur.com/Xec2DDz.png

I'm running on an i5-4670k with a GTX760. I've looked around, but I've been unable to find anyone with a problem identical to me. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Oh woops, I didn't clarify; this shows up when I attempt to start the Leadwerks SDK from Steam (and from the folder). It simply doesn't start whatsoever. I'm currently using the Indie version because my wallet's a bit too thin to be able to properly accommodate an upgrade at the moment.

I've seen this happen when the VC redistributable doesn't install. They are located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Leadwerks\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

This is what I've tried thus far.

• Changed system locale
  • Changed decimal operator
  • Changed system location
  • Rolled back motherboard AND graphics drivers (independently of each other)
  • Disabled excess services (e.g. Asus' AI Suite; it's interfered with things in the past)
  • Disabled RAPID SSD acceleration
  • Installed older versions of Visual Studio
  • Reinstalled older, and up-to-date versions of the VC++ runtimes
  • Disabled (and unplugged) graphics card in an attempt to run it on the Intel HD Graphics
  • Run through compatibility layers, with and without Administrative rights

In between all these individual steps, I completely removed all traces of leadwerks, redownloaded and reinstalled it, and the runtimes.

Is there a way of getting it to elaborate on the error? Oh, do note that I get this error before Leadwerks' splash screen even shows up, I've never gotten the engine to load that far on this computer.

I managed to get the engine to run without any issues on my Windows 8 Intel Atom Tablet, but I'd prefer to not do any heavy work on that thing, despite how lovely it is for simple day-to-day tasks and lighter workloads.

Fgq6PFK.png

ohDsstW.png

Hi, I'm having the same issue, however i get a slightly different error message. i have gone through pretty much the same steps, re-installing Leadwerks, running the vcredists.exe and the openAL one, i have also made sure all my drivers are up to date. it appears that my issue has to do with shaders and C++, as it seems to load up until this one file.

I am unable to enlarge the error popup to read what the rest of it says.

Thank you

post-13848-0-14230200-1420629407.jpg

Well, I wiped it off the system and did a reinstall, still no luck.

in video form, unless the dependencies bundled with the engine are incorrect (but surely they can't be) then I'm positive that they're installed correctly. I uninstalled them prior to the reinstallation of the game engine, cleaned out the registry and rebooted the computer. Before I uploaded the video I tried to reboot again, after I'd reinstalled to see if anything had changed, but I still get the same error.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Josh locked this topic