How does someone else run the game?

MaybeMe

Hi MaybeMe!

If you go under File->Program Manager there is a publish option for a project that you choose. The will create an .exe installer for you game (so you can distribute just that). I'm not sure if publishing on the Steam Workshop is the same process or not, but regardless, you can make essentially self-contained programs with Leadwerks.

• Upvote 1

I dont know if its with any one else but your final game size is important. Ive found if the final output is larger than 2.0 GB, it will not run as Josh pointed out the max limit for a zip file before it becomes corrupt is 2.0 GB. I have a map that is 2.30 GB and it just will not run and thats what Josh seems to think it is. Hopefully, there is a solution coming to rectify this soon :)

I would just publish a simple game to get the idea of the process and then build somethign more playable. You can then publish the file to your desktop or where ever and use dropbox or google drive to share it if desired.

Thats my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

I dont know if its with any one else but your final game size is important. Ive found if the final output is larger than 2.0 GB, it will not run as Josh pointed out the max limit for a zip file before it becomes corrupt is 2.0 GB. I have a map that is 2.30 GB and it just will not run and thats what Josh seems to think it is. Hopefully, there is a solution coming to rectify this soon smile.png

I would just publish a simple game to get the idea of the process and then build somethign more playable. You can then publish the file to your desktop or where ever and use dropbox or google drive to share it if desired.

Thats my opinion.

From what I have found, there is a 4 gig limit on .zip files and 16 for ZIP64 files.

So theoretically it should be able to contain a 4 gig game, which is quite a lot in my opinion.

From what I have found, there is a 4 gig limit on .zip files and 16 for ZIP64 files.

So theoretically it should be able to contain a 4 gig game, which is quite a lot in my opinion.

Your right if its used well. I have that game level that was published for external testing and its only 2.30 Gb and it just wont run. Same process as every other successful map published under 2.0 Gb and they all work :/

Would be interesting to see if others have had any thing similar?

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

Yes, I can't do it at the moment, but it would be interesting to try and see the size limit you can publish a map without it being broken.

Perhaps make sections that are however much and copy them into increments to see how far you could go.

I'll try it tomorrow.

Running 3.3 Beta, looks like you can no longer select GAME as the type when using Menu ->WORKSHOP ->Publish File... The Type: field allows Map, Material, Model, Prefab, Script, Shader, Sound and Texture.

Is that the end of publishing free games onto the Leadwerks Steam Workshop, and we now use http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/games and use the Add Game button. If this is correct, is there a new publishing document that explains how to use the entries, like what do you actually put in background and download boxes, there is a 19.53mb limit applied to attachments, what would you expect to be attached?

An example game publish workflow would be quite handy.

Also there is no visibility options like public\friends\private, as this was steam infrastructure. So presumably its now public, even on the first publish.

Is there going to be a similar site to Games, like Reported issues, using visiblity private/leadwerks users/admins for providing examples that fail, which would make it easier for Josh or fellow Leadwerks users to see the issues we sometimes experience.

From Josh's latest Blog

Due to changes in the Workshop system, the Game Player is going to be temporarily unavailable. It hasn't gotten much use, and I think a standalone game player would be better, because this would let anyone on Steam play your game, not just other Leadwerks users. In the meantime, I recommend publishing your games in the new games section on our site, where anyone can download them.

From Josh's latest Blog

Due to changes in the Workshop system, the Game Player is going to be temporarily unavailable. It hasn't gotten much use, and I think a standalone game player would be better, because this would let anyone on Steam play your game, not just other Leadwerks users. In the meantime, I recommend publishing your games in the new games section on our site, where anyone can download them.

A standalone Leadwerks Player would be great! It'd be cool if it could also browse the Games page on the site so one could look at all the games.