General Game Editor Questions

The Color Red

I was thinking about getting the Engine, mainly because I am on linux, and it looks like cool Engine! But I have a few questions first:

1. When buying, what versions does that pertain to?
    • The current major version and it's sub-versions only?
    • The current major version and other major versions?
    • Other

[*]I am thinking of a game, and I would like to use a toon like shader, (Much like this) does the program come with something like that?

[*]I saw that there were tools for making levels, with stairs, walls, floors etc. It mainly looked like for building the insides of buildings. My game is going to be a 3d side scroller like Super Smash Bros, Marvel vs Capcom, Little Big Planet, etc. and take place on fictional landscapes (such as clouds as platforms). Does the level building tool work for that? Or will I have to custom make those in a 3D program?

[*]What kind of support is there for making "In game" menus such as speech bubbles or information menus that explain how to climb a wall (for example) or anything else similar?

[*]When importing a FBX, do the textures automatically import and get assigned to the proper object?

That is all I can think of for now...

When buying, what versions does that pertain to?
  1. The current major version and it's sub-versions only?
  2. The current major version and other major versions?
  3. Other

There hasn't been any paid updates since it was released on Steam, and I don't expect to do any more. Releasing a paid update would require a new app ID and it's not worth breaking compatibility with everything we have there now.

I saw that there were tools for making levels, with stairs, walls, floors etc. It mainly looked like for building the insides of buildings. My game is going to be a 3d side scroller like Super Smash Bros, Marvel vs Capcom, Little Big Planet, etc. and take place on fictional landscapes (such as clouds as platforms). Does the level building tool work for that? Or will I have to custom make those in a 3D program?
I think the CSG tools are make it easy to lay out your scene, and I expect this would translate into side scroller stuff as well.
What kind of support is there for making "In game" menus such as speech bubbles or information menus that explain how to climb a wall (for example) or anything else similar?
You would need to do some custom scripting to get the behavior you want but Lua is pretty easy.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

About game menus, LE3 don't have any GUI system, and if you don't want to code it , you can buy Agrorr GUI lib that is cheap.

This was custom math physic code that was used, this game did not used LE2 physic or character functions.

In LE3 you can't use Character controller that will always go on X-Z and can't be locked in X direction.

So the solution is that you'll have to use a physic functions to position your characters like PhysicsSetPosition(...)

Stop toying and make games