Steam Broadcast

Thirsty Panther

I'll give it a look and maybe do a live tutorial. Twitch seems to have a fairly big delay the last time I tried to help someone on it and twitch always freezes for me so I'm not a fan of it. I have something like 10Meg download and twitch just pauses all the time.

• Upvote 1

I'm having lots of problems with leadwerks since joining the steam broadcast beta.

I had put it to allow anyone to view, and started playing MidnightPatrol on the leadwerks game player.

When looking at game on the workshop, it was not showing a weapon, no error message in the log, but also not showing a loading in the log for a weapon either.

Can anyone confirm that the weapon loads if the haven't started using the steam broadcast beta.

Ive opted out of the steam broadcast beta, re-booted my pc.

I have also tried to publish using the project manager, with a backup of my game, to the desktop, again no weapon. Exporting creates a zip, expanding the zip, gives a game but the character aren't animiated, but the weapon is displayed with cross hairs as it should. However as soon as an AI attack begins the game freezes, with a lua error, not enough memory appearing after about 30 seconds.

I also noted that the project was marked with ! and needed an update in the project manager. And this updated 6 files.

I've opted out of the broadcast beta but the problems still persist.

I don't know if it is the steam broadcast beta, but thought I had better warn others to be wary in case it is.

I am also using leadwerks beta , but don't know how to get back to the 3.3 release. There isn't an option on the properties to not participate, so its still showing as beta on my steam library. So it could also be a beta update of leadwerks.

I just played Midnight Patrol and didn't start with a weapon:

Launching process "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Leadwerks\Templates\Lua\$PROJECT_NAME.exe" -sandbox +game "C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Leadwerks\Workshop\251810\Game_334760751_76561197997618286_MidnightPatrol.zip" +screenwidth 1920 +screenheight 1080 -fullscreen +lightquality 2 +multisample 1
Initializing Lua...
Lua sandboxing enabled.
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Scripts/Error.lua"
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Scripts/App.lua"
Initializing OpenGL4 graphics driver...
OpenGL version 400
GLSL version 400
Device: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Loading map "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Maps/MountainLoop.map"...
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ground plants/bush10.mat"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/shaders/model/diffuse+normal+alphamask.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Model/Shadow/shadow+alphamask.shader"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ground plants/bush10.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ground plants/bush10_dot3.tex"...
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/bamboo palm/bamboopalm.mat"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Model/Shadow/shadow.shader"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/bamboo palm/bamboopalm.tex"...
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/Effects/default.mat"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/shaders/particles/default.shader"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/Effects/default.tex"...
Loading model "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/models/characters/crawler/crawler.mdl"
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/models/characters/crawler/crawler.mat"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/shaders/model/animated/diffuse+normal+specular.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/shaders/model/shadow/shadow+animation.shader"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/models/characters/crawler/crawler.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/models/characters/crawler/crawlerdot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/models/characters/crawler/crawler_spec.tex"...
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/models/characters/crawler/crawler_eyeball.mat"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/models/characters/crawler/d_eyeball.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/models/characters/crawler/crawler_eyeballdot3.tex"...
Loading prefab "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/prefabs/player/fpsplayerwithpistol.pfb"...
Loading model "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/models/characters/generic/generic.mdl"
Loading component "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/scripts/objects/player/fpsplayer.lua..."
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/scripts/objects/player/fpsplayer.lua"
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Scripts/Functions/ReleaseTableObjects.lua"
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty.mat"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty_diff.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty_dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/concrete/concrete_dirty_spec.tex"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Model/diffuse+normal+specular.shader"...
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/the zone - crates/crate02.mat"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/the zone - crates/Crate02.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/the zone - crates/Crate02_dot3.tex"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Model/diffuse+normal.shader"...
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/nature/terrain_savannah_rockwall.mat"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Model/diffuse+normal+specular+displacement.shader"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/nature/terrain_savannah_rockwall.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/nature/terrain_savannah_rockwalldot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/nature/terrain_savannah_rockwall_disp.tex"...
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ground plants/plant22.mat"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ground plants/plant22.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ground plants/plant22_dot3.tex"...
Loading model "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/dead tree/deciduous.mdl"
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/dead tree/debark1.mat"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/dead tree/debark1.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/dead tree/debark1_dot3.tex"...
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/dead tree/decbranch1.mat"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/shaders/model/diffuse+normal+specular+alphamask.shader"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/dead tree/decbranch1.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/dead tree/decbranch1_dot3.tex"...
Loading component "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/scripts/objects/ai/monsterai.lua..."
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/scripts/objects/ai/monsterai.lua"
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Scripts/AnimationManager.lua"
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Scripts/Functions/GetEntityNeighbors.lua"
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Characters/mutant_injure_02.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Characters/mutant_attack_04.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Characters/mutant_attack_06.wav..."
Loading component "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/scripts/objects/triggers/day.lua..."
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/scripts/objects/triggers/day.lua"
Loading component "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/scripts/objects/triggers/collisiontrigger.lua..."
Executing file "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/scripts/objects/triggers/collisiontrigger.lua"
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Terrain/stamp.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Terrain/updatenormals.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Terrain/clear.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Terrain/clipmap.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Terrain/terrain.shader"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/gravel/pinkgravel.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/gravel/pinkgravel-dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/gravel/pinkgravel-height.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/glass/glass01.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/materials/glass/glass01_dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/grass_17-2.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/grass_17-2_dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/grass_big_green.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/grass_big_green_dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/grassmud.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/grassmud_dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/ground_6-2.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/ground_6-2_dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/ground06.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/ground06_dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/ground02.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/ground02_dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/mud.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/ww2 texture pack/mud_dot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/terrain textures/mountain_ice.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/terrain textures/mountain_icedot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/terrain textures/mountain_snow.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/terrain textures/mountain_snowdot3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/nobiax - materials stone/pattern_81_diffus.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/nobiax - materials stone/pattern_81_normal.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/nobiax - materials stone/pattern_81_height.tex"...
Loading material "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/Common/NavMesh.mat"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/shaders/model/flat/default.shader"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/HUD/crosshair.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/HUD/use.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/HUD/blood1.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/HUD/blood2.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/HUD/blood3.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/HUD/blood4.tex"...
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Player/flashlight_02_on.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Impact/body_punch_03.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Impact/body_punch_04.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Player/pickupammo.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Footsteps/Concrete/step1.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Footsteps/Concrete/step2.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Footsteps/Concrete/step3.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Footsteps/Concrete/step4.wav..."
Loading sound "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Sound/Footsteps/Concrete/jump.wav..."
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/Common/bfn.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/addons/scifi interior construction kit/sektor74587.tex"...
Loading texture "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Materials/Sky/skybox_texture.tex"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Editor/skybox.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Misc/occlusionquery.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Lighting/ambientlight.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Lighting/pointlight.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Drawing/drawprimitive.shader"...
Loading font "C:/Windows/Fonts/Arial.ttf"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Drawing/drawtext.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Lighting/spotlight.shader"...
Loading shader "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Leadwerks/Templates/Common/Shaders/Drawing/drawimage.shader"...
Process complete.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The version of MidnightPatrol was last updated on the workshop on 5th November. I'm pretty sure it was working with the auto pistol loaded at that time. I have a stand alone version built a couple of days afterwards, and that still works, It doesn't have steam initialised.

So something has changed to stop it working, I am assuming Josh doesn't and hasn't run the steam broadcast beta.

Ill try recreating another stand alone version.

I went to my WIP folder, and I didnt do the update, and it worked ok. After the Project Manager update, my problems returned.

So I replaced the scripts I had updated with vanilla ones from the mygame and still had problems in that the crawlers were no longer animated.

So I stopped leadwerks, and opened the mygame project, and copied the crawlers from prefab and model folders, deleting the original folders in my WIP. Restarted my WIP project and the animation is now working. I will have to re-add the customised logic back into my WIP.

Is there any guidance on what or how to modify the .lua scripts so that we are protecting our code from being updated, if we are not supposed to update the supplied .lua scripts, whats the best way of inserting our customised logic?

• Upvote 1

Revisited Steam Broadcast today, set to public view and played MidnightPatrol. Seemed to be working as normal for most of the time. It didn't seem to affect the game play, but did crash a couple of times, after playing for a while, which it also does when not using the steam beta.