Performance in LE3 is good now

YouGroove

Let's change this time and talk about some good LE3 point : performance.

I tested again the FPS demo these days , and with last updates i just wanted to say that LE3 has really greatly improved performance. Before this demo only runned from 15 fps to some 40 fps maximum in 1024*768.

After many updates today the FPS demo runs with a pretty average 60-80 FPS in 1680*1050.

I found a 40 fps at minimum on a very small spot on central room where looking at whole scene , elsewhere we have 60-80 fps and more than 108 fps on small rooms smile.png

If programmers manage lights visibility or if LOD models/shaders appears i think LE3 will handle pretty well bigger and complex levels. Anyway without any of that , LE3 runs smooth and is optimized today and solid for bigger desktop games.

So good work Josh , and keep improving LE3.

• Upvote 2

Stop toying and make games

who are you and what have you done to yougrove? ;^)

Be rassured i'm not promoter of any 3D engine, LE3 has done a big moutain climb in performance. Many game tests i done in the past was unplayable on almost empty scene, today it's totally different , tested same FPS demo and same machine : LE3 is faster in bigger resolution keeping above 60 FPS. It has been a real boost since.

I think performance is really restricted due to lack of CSG tools

I agree bringing CSG tools could speed up the engine like never before, lest' ask it on suggestions laugh.png

Stop toying and make games