LE2 advanced graphics in LE3 ?

YouGroove

This is not asking complicated Global illumination, but more simple and older techniques like :

Some HDR, SSAO, Color Grading, Godrays, sky system, DOF, Water system.

Will that come ? And if yes , could that come this year or next year ?

Stop toying and make games

had to google "HDR video game" to see what if anything it meant in that context - turns out it still means high dynamic range, but works just oposite of what you expect from photography.

But if that's really what you want you cold do that in a post processing shader - simply clip the highlights / shadows while maintinaing roughly kodaks 18% gray

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Perhaps if we were shader programmers we could manage to make DOF , Color grading , tone mapping ,godrays, water system ... seeing the game "Dangerous Rays" outdoor level just look far away better than LE3.

This is more a question when all that effects be part of LE3 for all non shader programmers people ?

(As you do actually for Bloom and some other as you just pick the one you want).

Stop toying and make games

I do miss the water. It's an important part of any outdoor environment. Lakes, oceans, pools, puddles, streams, rivers (the last 2 I think may be more difficult)... with some coloring lava, acidic ooze, soups... modified you can even use them as special barriers like Portal 2 fizzlers and light bridges. I thought shadmar or someone was updating this for the community to work with the current Leadwerks version (and hopefully without Lua being required) but I could be wrong.

As for the others: it's one of those "would be really nice" things but it's not exactly critical to make demos and small games. It also seems to me that this would be a higher priority should an LE3 game come closer to completion. That said, I'm still rooting for shadmar and others on this. The day/night video looked amazing!

Having the player fall off the edge of a terrain is something to avoid if possible. A range of high mountains around the edge of terrain may solve this problem but usualy does not look good or real. Thats why I like to have an island surrounded by water.My current terrain is temporary until we get water.Can.t come quick enough.

• Upvote 1

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++