New and needing help

Imchasinyou

First, I came froma different "editor" that is stuck with poor performance, poor graphics and many many other issues. Im new to Leadwerks and so far, I absolutely love it. I needd some help though and hopefully these forums are far more friendly than the other "Editor".

First, ive been able to easily import models but cant walk onto them. IE buildings, bridges and what not. I cant seem to figure this part out and hope some one here will help me.

Secondly, where is the particle editor that was shown and mentioned. I cant seem to find it. Ive searched all over the net and the software lookinf for clues. I just purxhased the indie version if that matters at all.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

With your buildings you need to generate a physics shape. You can do this by going to the 'Assets' tab right clicking on the model and 'generate shape'->'polymesh'. You then go to the scene tab, select your entity->physics tab->shape file and select your generated shape.

You would look at creating a prefab from this model so you never need to do this process again for that model.

Particles are under 'Objects' tab->'Effects' in the first drop down->'Particle Emitter' for the second drop down. You now can click in the view port to drop an emitter.

Hope this helps

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

tjheldna, Thanks for the help. That was spot on in fixing my models.

I might not fully understand the emitter and how that works. It seems as if adding it to the map does nothing. Could you expand some and help me out?

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,

First, I came froma different "editor" that is stuck with poor performance, poor graphics and many many other issues. Im new to Leadwerks and so far, I absolutely love it. I needd some help though and hopefully these forums are far more friendly than the other "Editor".

I think you will find most people on here are very helpful. I'm only new to Leadwerks (5 months) and all my many questions have been answered.

I know what you mean by unfriendly forums. Some music forums I frequent are outright hostile to a newbie asking questions.

Welcome and enjoy.

I feel welcomed already! All my answers are getting answered and not one rude kiddy remark made. Im happy here. Thanks again guys! I might have to lean to your guys some here and there but im doing the best i can at learning. Im old and things like this just dont come easy for me :)

OK, guys. here is another one for you that I cant seem to find any info on. I have imported some of my stuff (models). After importing them into their own folder sets, how can i clean up that folder and hide all the textures from view? So, all I want to see is the actual model itself.

Any ideas?

search bar to filter asset browser here:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/user-guide/asset-browser-r674

and to view model, double click it in the asset browser to open the model editor:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/user-guide/model-editor-r16

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

ok, I get an access violation error when i try to runa stand alone of a simple level I made. I want to get more familiar with the process of building and thats the next process I chose but now Im stuck. Any help?