Project Manager -> Update: Overwrites old Start.map?

miko93

Hi there,

I just got my Leadwerks Std. updated through Steam (stable branch). My existing project needed to be updated through the Project Manager -> Update function. After doing so, I noted the Start.map (where I had added my custom objects) was back to a default state. My objects were gone.

To recreate: Add an "old" Start.map with custom objects to an already converted project, run Project Manager->Update (it shows "1 file updated"), then check the new Start.map.

I believe this is a bug - as it seems to corrupt the updated project?

Thanks for advice

miko

Don't worry, your map has not been destroyed. In the same directory you will find a file called "start.map.bak1". This is your original map. Just rename and load it.

Some of these design decisions can get very weird. If we update a map, we want our users to get that change. But obviously if they have made changes we don't want to overwrite them...unless we do! Maybe they messed up a project and want to restore it to its default state.

If they make a change to a file, and then we make an important change, what should happen? I chose to make a backup of the original file in the same directory, and then copy our version into the folder.

If they make a change to a file, and then we make an important change, what should happen? I chose to make a backup of the original file in the same directory, and then copy our version into the folder.

After some update will always engine be able to laod older map formats or previous backup one ?

Even with important changes on the map system ?

Stop toying and make games