Waiting Sucks....

Chiblue

I am terrible at waiting... I purchased the software early this morning, still now email response.. I know it can take upto 24hours but you always think that is just BS... I freed up my entire evening just to play with my nice new shinny toy and to no evail... wow is me.. :(

So I guess I will just work on freeing myself up tomorrow evening... :D

Why does it take 24 hours, TGC do this same thing and it drives me nuts... sorry did I mention I am terrible at waiting for new toys... I always hated Christmas as a kid... all that waiting and then you never got what you wanted, what is up with the santa...

If it's not Tactical realism then you are just playing..

Your order has been processed. Since your forum email address is different than the one you used to order, please follow the instructions here to get your account enabled:

http://leadwerks.com/werkspace/index.php?/topic/127-if-you-need-access-to-the-forum/

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I understand why, just still sucks... but I got everything last night, thanks guys... well maybe I should not be thankfull got about 2 hours sleep after burning the late night oil.... :D

It was extremely gratifying after spending weeks frustrated and depressed about trying to make DBPro and/or GDK work with the TGC tools and plugins... All I can say to anyone thinking about getting LE or DBPro/GDK, LE is stable and clean, and given the MS C++ GUI with all it's debug tools, life is sweet and I can now focus on gameplay rather than work arounds for bugs in code... that said I am sure there are some but I did not find any. My main issues have been setting up the C++ environment to run on my Vista 64 machine. Couple of gotyas there but nothing too challenging... ;)

DBPRO is a history, old bugged compiler and you had to pay for every addon, which should be included for free....

Agree 100%, and you get lured into thinking, well if I get Dark physics, then I can solve all my ray cast and physics issues, but then, if I get Dark Clouds my skyboxes will be so much better... you end up spending so much money and energy in distraction on bugs and addons rather than focusing on Gameplay...

I should kick myself, when I was looking for a tool, I looked at many including LE, but because of the C base I was a little concerned, although I have several years of commercial C experience I did not want to get into the trap of focusing on technology, and sometimes that is unavoidable with C... well the **** we convince ourselves of.... :lol:

At that time I was in a mental struggle between TGC and LE... and to this day I really don't know why I chose TGC, I think becuase of using DBPro custom GUI instead of MS VS GUI, funny thing is now all the reason I chose DBPro are the same reasons I like the LE product... go figure...

Probably because their presentation of their product at the time was better. By the way, TGC sells Leadwerks Engine, so it's not TGC vs. Leadwerks, it's DarkGDK vs. Leadwerks Engine.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.