Steam and Linux confusion

CrazyM

I bought the Steam Indie edition because I wanted to start learning the engine, but I ultimately want the C++ access that's included in SE, and I would like to run the Linux version once all the kinks are worked out. The Steam version is currently Windows only, is the Linux version headed for Steam and will my license grant me access to it when it becomes available? Can I add my Steam license to the Client Area on my leadwerks.com account page?

Thanks!

Both licenses cover both Linux and Windows.

I was under the impression that the linux and windows (and mac for that matter) versions required separate licenses?

Otherwise what exactly is the difference between the $200 and the $100 KS reward?

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

100$ you get Linux only

200$ you get Linux, Windows and Mac

yep that's according to the KS reward list - but between swapping Android for steam and the steam versions being multi os per default it would seem there is no difference. (Steam's creed is "buy once play anywhere", ie if you buy it for one platform you've got it on all platforms )

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

I see what you mean. That's the only facts I could find. Guess everything else falls into the category assumptions so far.

Indeed.

Also sorry for hijacking the topic

• Upvote 1

System:

Well all things considered it is confusing. With the kick starter goals, the sepperate leadwerks licenses plus the sepperate distribution platforms are making it confusing.

I believe this is the current overview:

post-45-0-76589500-1396948151_thumb.jpg

That's the current shop prices and while it's a good bit more on topic than I am I was referring to the kickstarter rewards, where the $100 (linux only) reward is now seemingly identical to the $200(all platforms) one - due to the fact that the strech goal "android +OUYA for everyone" was replaced with "steamOS for everyone". Which would seem to require that everyone get the steam version ( wich is all platforms ).

This is all based on me knitting together available facts, and so I might have gotten it wrong - but an official reply would still be nice

System: