Adding Post Effects

Randomfraff

Hi all,

Total newb asking a totally newbie question tongue.png. Sorry if this has been asked, I did have a hunt on the forums and couldn't find anything. When I try and add post effects to my level (via root in the scene tab of the editor), the effect appears in my perspective viewport but when I run the game my post effects are not applied. Does anyone know how I can get the post effects to work in game?

Thanks guys, got LE on Friday and I've been having a blast with it! biggrin.png

Before we could add some post effects just by combining them without coding and we have them when running the game ?

It could be great to have post effects stored in the map file assome "default post effects" of the map without any coding, faster to test and fine tune effect, better workflow.

For example i need bloom on my game, i just choose it on post effects, and it will be stored on the map and activated each time i load and run the map without coding it.

(You don't need it on the map : remove it in the editor or cancel it by code if it must change during game)

Stop toying and make games

Wouldn't you want control of that kind of thing on a more global level in code?

It would be much easier managing one line of code, as opposed to having to make sure that all your levels have the shader set, order, etc. You could create an ini file with all your settings that you read/write to.

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Yes!! Thanks! I spent hours trying to figure this out yesterday, I had in fact tried calling the function from inside my code before but I didn't specify the file path properly, the joys of coding eh?

P.S. I checked out the beta video for Mage's Alchemy, looks really good! I have a niece that this type of game would be perfect for!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I've had problems adding post effects. Even when putting the camera line of code in my FPS player script it doesn't seem to show in the game. I get no errors when running though so it must be working, I just can't see a difference. I've tried this with bloom and some others, it's most prob me doing something wrong though lol.