[Linux] Run mode slower than debug

Map7 is shoper choppy ( feels like 6-7 fps ) in the start hall and near any of those kinds of ligths ( at the car it's fine ) - debug mode on the other hand runs like a champ?

Linux/AMD

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

What additional information can I provide to help move this along? or does this fall into the "not a 12.04 bug" category?

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

Will check it out.

Thanks, meanwhile here is a video of it to show I'm not hallucinating

First part - run mode, the lag isn't so noticeable in the video - it just looks like I stopped for a bit at the end, the last light show it quite well tho.

2nd part - debug mode, very fluid all the way.

If there is some sort of debug I can turn on that will help you figure this out do let me know.

System:

If you press F11 in release mode, the framerate will be displayed so you can do a comparison.

One thing I noticed during testing was that it looked like the framerate was staying high, but the image onscreen was skipping frames or something...it might be fixable with a call to glFlush(), but it's sort of hard to pin down. Restarting with an ATI card now.

• Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

This appears to be related to vsync. First, I can't disable VSync. If I have it on or off, it behaves as if it's disabled.

Second, the rendering only skips frames when the framerate gets fast...when the FPS reads a high value, like 100+, the visible rendering seems to slow down. If I throw a call to Time:Delay(10) into the loop, the problem actually goes away because the framerate can't get too high and start skipping frames.

Is this similar to what you are experiencing?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

This appears to be related to vsync. First, I can't disable VSync. If I have it on or off, it behaves as if it's disabled.

Second, the rendering only skips frames when the framerate gets fast...when the FPS reads a high value, like 100+, the visible rendering seems to slow down. If I throw a call to Time:Delay(10) into the loop, the problem actually goes away because the framerate can't get too high and start skipping frames.

Is this similar to what you are experiencing?

I'll run some tests tonight to see if I can confirm, thanks.

System:

If you log out and switch to Ubuntu2D instead of Ubuntu, the problem goes away. :)

Not a Leadwerks bug, but we definitely need to report this to Canonical.

• 2 weeks later...