Cant use any of my models in leadwerks indie edition

hey guys, im new to the Leadwerks software, and making 3d models in blender and silo2. Personally i hate using blender and i cant create the same quality of work with it as i can with silo2. So what i have been doing is creating my model in Silo2 (3ds file type) then importing into blender and add the texture and uv mapping. Then exporting as a .fbx file. Then from there bring into Leadwerks, but every time i spend hours making models and get them properly UV mapped and textured with either of the modeling tools and import the files into Leadwerks the software converts them fine from Autodesk.fbx to the .mdl and the model is in my assets. But when placed if the model is moved at all or touched in any way it seems. I get Access Exception Violation and Leadwerks crashes. Anyone have any idea what i need to do so i can use my models and stop the error? any and all help is appreciated ;)

also same goes for any models i pull from the web. like my other models they are imported fine but when placed and moved bam

Try exporting from Silo2 with the .obj export and then converting it to an fbx file in Blender... Perhaps some information besides just the geometry and uv data is getting carried over with the 3ds file and messed up from converting to an fbx somewhere and that could be causing trouble...

I know that some people who use fbx files, don't always clean up their scene before exporting to an engine and this is the reason for my above comment, as typically this tends to cause issues somewhere. I guess that its worth a shot but beyond that I can't see why that is happening :\

If its happening with models even obtained from the internet, then I doubt that it is the above... I can't say that I have had that experience with Leadwerks and my content yet :S

I used a lot BLender -> LE3 pipeline , export and animations also works great.

Even if your model comes from Silo2 or whatever , as this is Blender that makes the export it should work great.

Could you post some 3D files please for us to test ?

Stop toying and make games

First off thank you Patrick and thank you Yougroove, exporting the file from silo as an .obj instead of .3ds and then into blender for .fbx only seemed to prolong the error. I did upload one of the models that has been giving me the error however. (Redwoodpathway)

So far I have been unable to produce any error. I doubt this has anything to do with the model files at all.

Can you tell me what graphics card you have? Have you updated your graphics drivers in the last 6 months?

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.