Scripts in directory messed up

Rick

OK, here is an example of something that happens to me but I wasn't able to get a good example before now.

Load this project and open start.map. Inside is a Star and Heart model. I first created the Heart.lua script by right clicking in the Assets folder and doing new script. Later I wanted to add the star script. So I did the same thing. Right click in the same folder and select new script. I gave it the name Star.lua. This overwrote the existing script (the Heart.lua) to Star.lua and left a script named New script.lua. This of course is incorrect.

The kicker is the reference that my heart model had to the Heart.lua script changed to Star.lua! Now no matter what I do that reference is still there. If you remove the script attached to the Heart entity and reassign the Heart.lua script, then click off the heart entity then back on you'll see it goes back to Star.lua. I can even delete the Heart entity, bring it back, attach Heart.lua and it still reverts back to Star.lua. Something is stuck in the map file to make it always revert back to Star.lua (which was the original Heart.lua I attached to it but because of the renaming that happened something got really screwed up).

This happens to me all the time if I make scripts from the editor in the same folder. Generally I try to make scripts in the directory directly via windows explorer, but this needs to get fixed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1293842/AnimationTutorial.rar

@Dude I think it's still there because there is a workaround (for scripts anyway) to manually create the scripts. I agree it needs to get fixed though as it's highly annoying and does screw things up because of some reference to the original script is kept and screws up what entity points to what actual script.

• 2 months later...