Leadwerk Editor: Brush export

Christian Clavet

Hi!

I really would like that Leadwerk editor would have a way to export selected brushes. I asked and got answer that it's not there.

This is really useful (used this with Hammer and was in my workflow), as you can design a level (mostly for the collisions) using brushes, then select them and export (DXF/OBJ at the time) then import it in model edition program (3DS MAX, Blender, Maya, etc) so an artist can use the geometry as a reference to build a detailed model of the environment.

Without this, there a way, but we have to build the level inside the mesh edition program, then assemble the parts in LE and do the collision model using brushes (so it's the reverse way).

Starting in Leadwerk editor first, give us (level designers) the advantage of testing the gameplay first, then when it's working, let the artist make it pretty.

For this I don't think at all exporting models would be required. All is needed is the brushes geometry, exporting in .OBJ would be enough (no need for animations, since what is required is a reference of the level environment)

• Upvote 5

• 2 months later...

Hi, If you plan on doing this, if we could also have the option export the lights as a reference so we can "match" the base lighting in LE back in the 3D Software that would also really nice! (could be a simple cube named "light").

That could allow us to define a base lighting in LE and export it to a 3D software to create and bake lightmaps to static models of environments.

If that is done, is there a way to tell a model to not take any lights, or selected lights (like self illuminated)? It would receive the shadows, but the lights already there will not shade the model. Selected lights would be better, in case there is something dynamic in the environment like a campfire.

• Upvote 1

That way we could build our own tools.

The problem is this is not official, relying on users is not so good, specially when they have changes in their life and no more time to maintain or debug some tool like that.

FBX can import/export lights info if i'm not wrong ?

Stop toying and make games