Small contribution

YouGroove

Just picked up a small soldier from openGameArt site.

Redone all Armature under Blender and made some super quick animations

Used the existing UVmapping that is broken not optimized and done quick fast painting.

ingame.jpg

Can be great to prototype some TPS, or dungeon TPS, why not Retro FPS.

Animations :

- static stand shot

- walk with gun towards front

- idle

- jump position with gun towards front

- dead animation

I'll try to make some TPS script and TPS camera script for it.

Now on workshop models :)

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/480-soldier-toon-animated/

• Upvote 5

Stop toying and make games

Your bone names on here aren't ideal. You should name your bones something relevant to human bones so it's easier to find. I'm going to load the fbx into UU3D and figure out what bone is what, but you really should name your bones better because those names are what you need to call FindChild() on to get.

V2.0 Uploaded.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/480-soldier-toon-animated/

V2.0

- Bones renamed with clear names.

- Rotated 180 when export to FBX (didn't seemed change something in LE3)

- Blender File included in the Zip (You can add animations now)

You can Scale it to 0.5 and change direction to -180 under Character controller (don't be so lazy with 3D art wink.png )

I'm tired of modifications and extracting animations Rick and It's prototype.

------------

Bug ?

Exporting with angle 180 or not don't change anything when imported in LE3 and using char controller ? a bug ?

Changing character controller to 180 didn't seem to work for me. All it did was reverse my inputs to the controller.

For me rotating the scene in UU3D by 180 solved the rotation issue. When you open up the model viewer the character should be facing away from you.

Give me some bomb enemies to shoot. They should be bombs with legs with a run animation and I'll make them all run to this player and if they hit him they'll explode and do damage!

Think you could animate this? It says it has animations but I don't see any in the file when I bring it into UU3D. A simple walk with the twister thing turning would be perfect!

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-bob-omb-super-mario-3d-model/383539

The shadow of this guy seems to always be of him with his gun out. Any idea what's up with that? It's like the shadow isn't animating with the model.

The shadow is generated by the engine so if it's not animating then it's a bug with the gpu skinning

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

That's kind of what I was hoping to do with your guy and the bombs. For now I'm going to have the guy shoot at the bombs and they'll explode. If the bombs reach the guy they'll explode and remove 1 heart. The guy will have like 3 hearts or so. If you want to make a 3D heart that I can put it in the level randomly and make it rotate (thinking quake guns turning in the scene that can be pickedup), it can act as a way to get hearts back if he's below 3.

I'll work on that and should be able to get something by the end of this weekend. I can put that version in the workshop and we can go from there and expand on it and add features. I'll do a part 1 tutorial on the things it covers.

How will you manage bullets ?

Simple raycast ?

55-57808-2014-02-02-07-1391388862.png

Or visible bullets ?

55-57806-2014-02-02-02-1391388819.png

If you need more 3D art don't hesitate.

I'll try to make some metroid like monsters and a bigger boss one.

Should be very interesting to see how raycast behave with waves of 10 or more ennemies.

Raycast to start with since it's easier to avoid fast moving physics objects. The picture you have above, although it looks like actual bullets, I think that's raycasting as well but they just display tracer bullets for visual effect. Phase 1 will be to just get things moving and shooting so we have something to build off of :)

Very cool!

I'm also hoping to use this project to show Josh of the poor performance of the controller/navmesh. He should be able to run it through his debugging process to see what is the bottleneck. The game will spawn the bombs randomly throughout the level and have them move towards the player. I suspect, based on prior experience, things will really slow down after 5 controllers are moving around on the screen.

Models are low poly so i don't think they will be the problem causing performance break down.

Even another test level using crawlers, FPS drop too much like always to 7-8 FPS maximum, when crawlers become active.

Yes it will be a good real case of simple game that should run without any problem.

Anyway, preparing a boss for later ...

fight.jpg

Too much details no normal map seems to fade out the cartoon charm of the dino, perhaps go back to first textures ?

• Upvote 1