Access violation due to corrupt model in the map (?)

Mordred

Hi,

this might has to do with this one:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/8311-le-31-steam-crash-on-map-loading-script-error/

I had an issue the day before after importing a model that consists of several childs. During testing and messing arround i was somehow able to separate the childs from the mother node. The result was, that i was unable to delete the mothernode (the childnodes were no problem). After quitting the programm and restarting it, i got an access violation and had to delete the whole project file.

@ Josh, in case you might need the model for testing please post me how i can get it to you, since it's a payed model i do not want to link it in the boards here.

• Upvote 1

Hello Josh,

i made a "_Crashtest.map" and i added the model (without skins) into the archive. I hope it's okay that it's uploaded at dropbox.com

<here was a link before>

The reproduce the Crash:

1. Add the Model to the assets

2. place the model in the worldviewer

3. in the scene tab remove the nodes "bananatree_bananatree" and "banantree_trunk" from the mothernode named "STATIC_MESH"

4. you can delete only one of the 3 resulting items

5. after you save the map and restart Leadwerks it's giving you the "ACCES_VIOLATION" as stated above

The mapfile in the archive does already have that model placed and it will crash when loading.

i did remove the Archive from my dropbox and attached it to the board itself.

Thanks again Josh for mentionening that posibility smile.png

bananatree.zip

[Edit] Attached the correct model. Another information: You have to drag and drop the "Childnodes" onto the "Root" folder within the scenetab to be able to delete the childnodes itself.

bananatree version2.zip

Can you please attach the MDL file you used? You included and ASE file. You're not supposed to ever be able to delete a limb of a model, just an entire model and all children. So I would like to see that.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I had an issue the day before after importing a model that consists of several childs. During testing and messing arround i was somehow able to separate the childs from the mother node. The result was, that i was unable to delete the mothernode (the childnodes were no problem). After quitting the programm and restarting it, i got an access violation and had to delete the whole project file.

If you try to change a child object's parent, you will get an error message. How on earth did you manage to do that?

The error occurs because the map loader encounters something it never expects to see, a model limb with no parent. I fixed the loader to skip objects when this situation is encountered, but I'm still wondering how in the world you separated a limb from it's parent model...

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

@ Rick. I continued testing, it's possible like shown in this image.

http://imageshack.com/a/img691/2664/m9je.png

You can remove the childnode by drag n dropping it in the scene tab onto "Root", and then delete the model. That did happen to me by accident when i tried to drag n drop the "camera" onto my "fps controller". After that i deleted the model itself for some reason and got the crash the next time i loaded the map.

It will be fixed in the beta branch this weekend. I also adjusted the map loader so it will be able to load your messed up map.

• Upvote 2