[Help] Exported model from Blender

CustomZ02

Hey guys I made a quick model in blender which I have uv mapped and exported. Only problem Im seeing is that the faces are inverted? What do I need to do in blender to fix this?

model1_blender.PNG

model1.png

Well I seem to have fixed it. For some reason the model normals look fine in blender. But when I export one of the objects normals get flipped. So to fix it, I had to flip the normals in blender which doesnt look right. But when exported and brought into Leadwerks the model appears perfectly fine.

model1_fixed.png

Edited by CustomZ02

I export objects from Blender to LE3 without normals problem (old version 2.49 and last 2.68 version)

What version of Blender do you use ? What settings do you use at export ?

Attach the object file here if you want i take a look.

Im using the latest version of Blender 2.69. It could just be that I did something wrong in blender. I also used the default settings for the fbx export.

blender file attached below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44779095/werks/medkit.rar

Well before exporting : You must Join all objects together , caus your model was made of two ojects : the case and the handle.

After joining, then in edit mode select all polygons (select all) and choose : Normals -> recalculate outside.

Than you can export to FBX your whole case made of one object only, no need to export animations :

export.jpg

About your 3D model it has lot of edges and vertices that you won't notice playing game.

For example :

1) in the corner one edge is not pronounced enought

2) the middle loops edges uses polygons and they won't be noticeable in game, or will your case be able to be opened ?

export2.jpg

Stop toying and make games

Using the above export settings give me an error with the .mdl, but if I use the default it works just fine. I had planned to make the case able to be opened. It was mostly just a test model to see if I could actually import something I made and make it work.

You need to flip the normals.

You also need to apply the scale. Its the same thing as freezing the transform in 3ds max or deleting history in maya

you can do this by hitting ctrl + a then use the rotation + scale

Thanks, yea I did was YouGroove said and combined the model then recalculated the normals in blender. That fixed the flipped normals, but using his export settings gives an unknown chunk error for the model. So I just exported as default settings and set the scale to .25 to fit what I needed in leadwerks.

Ive got one more problem if you guys don't mind helping me with this. I added a shape to the model in Leadwerks so that I could grab and pick it up. It seems to flip out literally. Any idea what causes this? Check the video below.

Edited by CustomZ02

try do select Box as shape and press "fit" that should work. You can do a custom shape also but that only means that the shape is a copy of the models itsself. So it cost more rendertime and may drops some frames on complicated models. If you want an exact shape use a custom shape but in this case I would prefer box.

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

I htink your problem can be related to that bug :

Simple collision primitives like box or cylinder for imported models of any shape don't seem to work very well.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/7873-simple-collision-physics-not-working-on-model/

What i recommend to you :

-Make a simple BSP box or import a box model and choose cube as physic shape and click on "adjust" (and give it a mass)

-Assign a transparent material (there is one in LE3 material Folders)

-Attach your briefcase as child of that cube and make sure your briefcase has no physics collision and no physics mass

Stop toying and make games

How would I go about doing a custom shape? I tried box and fit but that doesnt make a difference. If I do sphere i dont get the shaking but the medkit rolls away lol. Box works fine untill I pick it up and it gets all whacky on me.

see

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/shape/

dont know how to do this from editorside (I prefer coding those things)

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?