LUA for Leadwerks resources?

lildragn

Anxious to get going, I was wondering if anyone has LUA resources that would be applicable to Leadwerks? Or does any site teaching LUA would work?

As a note I found that even some of the older scripts don't run as expected in 3.1. So any guidance would be appreciated.

Thx!

Hiya, just watched your Lua Tut Aggror in its entirety and learned quite a bit http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/introduction-to-lua-r19 .

Honestly this is the type of tutorials that should be up front and center for new users such as myself. We definitely need more tutorials such as this one to ease users into LUA and Leadwerks together, which is important imo as the syntax changed a bit from the version this tutorial was created from http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/8256-documentation/page__hl__mood

Please more like this! Thanks

• Upvote 2

We definitely need more tutorials such as this one to ease users into LUA and Leadwerks together

I agree , basic Lua tutorials would help a lot to come more slowly to LE3 instead of being confused by too much stuff like tutorials dealing with camera, player, raycast all at same time.

Rick Wiki Snippets is ideal site to have such category we could name : "Lua in LE3 for beginners"

Stop toying and make games

I agree , basic Lua tutorials would help a lot to come more slowly to LE3 instead of being confused by too much stuff like tutorials dealing with camera, player, raycast all at same time.

Rick Wiki Snippets is ideal site to have such category we could name : "Lua in LE3 for beginners"

mhmm but where are tutorials for advanced people? I have the feeling that a lot of LE3 users buy leadwerks and think its a drag and drop clicktool where you can build a GTA 5 clone in 2 hours without any coding skills. I really would like to see some tutorials like introduce into shaders or some design patterns for game development. Sometimes I think new users are just lazy when I read some steamcommunity threads.

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

[...]I really would like to see some tutorials like introduce into shaders or some design patterns for game development. [...]

That's not really engine specific tho

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k