No Project Type C++

noobert

Steam edition is only Lua. That's been stated a bunch of times. When 3.1 comes out for Windows/Linux/Mac (the non steam version) then it'll have C++ template.

You really should have a feature comparison on your website. The differences between the Steam indie version and 3.x are not clear, and the website (tutorials, assets, etc) doesn't effectively indicate what applies to the indie version or not (coming direct from the indie version application to the documentation). Really having trouble figuring out what the indie version does more than just make a level.

• Upvote 1

You really should have a feature comparison on your website. The differences between the Steam indie version and 3.x are not clear, and the website (tutorials, assets, etc) doesn't effectively indicate what applies to the indie version or not (coming direct from the indie version application to the documentation). Really having trouble figuring out what the indie version does more than just make a level.

I feel I have been mislead into purchasing this product via Steam, I'm sort of upset. I thought I was purchasing a full featured game engine, I should stick with CryEngine.

Possible refund?

I feel I have been mislead into purchasing this product via Steam, I'm sort of upset. I thought I was purchasing a full featured game engine, I should stick with CryEngine.

Possible refund?

Its a full game engine you just have to program via lua instead of c++

• Upvote 1

Did you buy the engine directly from Steam or where you a backer? The steam store page says you have to use Lua. It doesn't mention steam anywhere.

Although you do make a good point that a comparison image on the leadwerks page would be a good idea. Seems like you are not the only one so it is clearly not clear enough.

This is what the steam store page says:

post-45-0-11700000-1389086942_thumb.jpg

For the most part you are always exporting to C methods. If your library is C++ you generally (I have anyway) make a C wrapper around the C++ library that you want to expose. For example when I did this with RakNet, I didn't expose all of RakNet. I just made some functions for the most important things I needed to make a basic multiplayer game. Like I created a Connect(...), Disconnect(...), Send(...) ect. I even did Lua callbacks for received network data.

This is for sure an advanced topic and not directly supported by the engine though.

Possible refund?

I can understand making a mistake and having remorses but threatening with cry engine for indies is ridiculous.

http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=355&p=1075219

I can understand making a mistake and having remorses but threatening with cry engine for indies is ridiculous.

http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=355&p=1075219

No, but that's my point. Unity is a better example I suppose, but for my intents and purposes, CryEngine or UDK would have sufficed.

@Rick, no hate towards this awesome piece of software. But I still fail to see where it says C++ is not included. At the time, there was no dedicated Steam section. And as such, the Steam Community Page is in Thai, but holds no information in this regard either.

I love the software, but fear it's not well optimized, my PC reports extremely low framerates, is there a Settings tuner? I'm using the 4770MQ and the 750m dedicated, which is not high end, but it should be sufficient to run box models on a 512x512 map

I feel I have been mislead into purchasing this product via Steam,

But I still fail to see where it says C++ is not included

I put the first quote because it tells me you purchased this on Steam, where it talks about programming with Lua for the engine.

I put the second quote because it also didn't say C# is not included or Java isn't included. Software generally doesn't say what's not included in its description. I'm assuming you knew about Leadwerks before Steam (I don't know your history and Leadwerks) and you knew it used C++ in prior versions and that 3.1 would at some point have a C++ version?

If that's the case I feel for you, but the description on Steam for that version is clear. You use Lua to program the Leadwerks Steam edition. There were no tricks there. You are free to ask for a refund and maybe you'll get it, but don't blame Leadwerks for you not reading the description of the product. I don't want to come off as being mean, but just a fact of life. You have to read what you are buying and if you make a mistake (we all do) then own up to it (again ask for a refund if you need to), but blaming others isn't really fair.

Correctly stated. You're right not to make assumptions, I did indeed read the description. But I like to research what I purchase, thus when I happened upon reviews of Leadwerks, there was no alternative version. The website clarified that there was indeed only the one retail version, as the Steam side hadn't been put up.

As it is only half the full version, there should be some clarification stating this. Somewhere.