High Roller Unfinished.

Andy Gilbert

Ive added a game i was working on, and as explined in the asset store, i have currently run out of time and interest so thought I would simply show its progress.

Its unfished and parts not working, but from what i remember it works enough for you to do the levels.

Its a ball physics game, where you have to roll the ball into the basket, but also get as many of the 3 stars as you can. There is currently 5 working levels.

You only need to use left and right arrows in game and for menu.

Have fun.

I will also add, credit to Leadwerks 3 as from having this idea, i found it very easy to impliment using leadwerks and lua!

EDIT: Ive just realised this may have music playing, which is something i last worked on when i was working on it, and i forgot. So sorry if annoying!

Andy

post-72-0-65258900-1375268602_thumb.png

• Upvote 3

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

Leadwerks Game-Ready 3D Models:https://sellfy.com/gib3d

Probably my biggest difficulty out of the whole game development Rick, I always feel like ive let myself down about it too. But it is hard, i think even with just 1 other person on board would help keep the moral alive!

Andy

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.

The good news is I keep seeing good game ideas from you! You are gaining a lot of experience by doing what you are doing. When I made My Whacky Moles I had to talk to myself every day and motivate myself to finish it. It's clearly a very simple game, which makes it hard to focus on because your mind just keeps expanding to more complex stuff, and it would have been easy to just scrap it, but I would say finishing a game, any game, is really important for experience. Keep at it man, you're a talented guy.

Its like eveything else... i have too many other things going off that take my attention away, especially when your programming full time as I do, so to come home and then continue looking a computer code, when you have a family and other hobbies, its difficult!

Rick thanks, much appriciated! You did very well to release your game alone, credit to you!

Andy

I'm the same way Andy. I code all day at work also, and have 2 kids and 3 dogs! I sat down with my wife and made a plan and treated it like a business. I allocated a budget (buying models and stuff) & allocated time (I worked 4 hours sat/sun in the morning where my wife would watch the kids). I found doing it this way helped out a lot for my family. My wife knew the expectations and so she wasn't surprised at the time/money, and I was more motivated in those 4 hours sat/sun to get stuff done. I also estimated my end date and made a task list that would take me to the end date, which also helped me stick to the tasks needed when I was working on it, instead of letting scope creep happen.

Some good advice Rick, nice to know you managed and with more kids than me! smile.png Ill take it on board and see if I can get another Leadwerks game in the store. Would be nice to eventually have my name on there amongst the other.... 1000000+ devs smile.png

Andy

• Upvote 2

Thanks aggror, it wasnt untill after i started this game that I thought i would look around the net to see if there was similer iphone games (i know the wrong way around, research first!!) anyway, via google i came across crazy machines 2 and noticed it looked like mine, but alot better obviously!

But up until then i hadnt actually heard it, but it does look fun! :)

Thanks for comments.

Andy

I don't recall seeing that as I noticed if I hit the edge of the level it would push me off the edge also. I think a way to sort of simulate this would be to tilt the entire level back a little. As long as the camera moves with it, it should look normal but the physics would push the ball towards the wall some with a small force to correct a little.

• Upvote 1

The way the ball keeps up to the wall is simply a small amount of force applied on the z axis. This is not enough to keep it on when you over do it or go in front of the vent etc.

Thanks again for the comments.

Andy

via google i came across crazy machines 2 and noticed it looked like mine, but alot better obviously!

Never compare too much what you can do with others work.

Rick moles game was already games like that , but it is his own touch , and it's great game.

No need to make the best game in gameplay , graphics , etc ...to be a good game, i find your game alreday really good, i don't mind about existing games

Just go and finish it step by step wink.png

Stop toying and make games

Hi Andy

Try this in your entities physics update to keep it on the z axis...

Vec3 pos = entity->GetPosition();

pos.x = 0.0F;

entity->PhysicsSetPosition(pos.x, pos.y, pos.z, 0.01F);

This works on all physics apart from a character controller, I still haven't found a way to restrict an axis for a character.

• Upvote 1
trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0