Looking for an animator

Josh

I am looking for someone to add some animations to the soldier character. I need the following cycles:

-idle

-run

-run left

-run right

-run backwards

-turn feet left

-turn feet right

The character should be posed to hold a rifle-type gun in each animation.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The only experience I have with character animation is footstep animation in 3d max. This differs a bit from game animation as the character actually moves forward. I though I had enough skill for this to put off a simple result for now. But thats unforunately not true. Have a look at the max file but I doubt if thats good enough. I know a program that contains the animations you need though. It's called CharacterShop. It contains 80 animations, with your requests among them. I don't know if you are allowed to use those animations for distribution to the enitre leadwerks conmmunity.

---edit--

Looks like my upload qouta is reached or something.

Download

The only experience I have with character animation is footstep animation in 3d max. This differs a bit from game animation as the character actually moves forward. I though I had enough skill for this to put off a simple result for now. But thats unforunately not true. Have a look at the max but I doubt if thats good enough. I know a program that contains the animations you though. It's called CharacterShop. It contains 80 animations with your requests among them. I don't if you are allowed to use those animations for distribution to the enitre leadwerks conmmunity.

Do you mean this Character Shop ?

Q. Are there any licensing restrictions for the models I make with Character Shop?

End users are allowed to use animated models created with Character Shop in any commercial or non-commercial projects. However, users may not sell the animated models they make with Character Shop, in any sort of product where the animated models are the product. This would basically amount to selling the animations we paid to have made. The animations included in this file are the property of Josh / Leadwerks, and may not be used by anyone who does not own a license for the program, i.e. they may not be 'ripped' from a game a legitimate user releases.

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

euhm yes thats the one. I don't get it. If Josh made these animation for Charactershop, why would he ask for new animations that are almost the same like the ones that come with the program.

• rifle_run
  • rifle_run_backward
  • rifle_run_left
  • rifle_run_right
  • rifle_turn_left
  • rifle_turn_right

I am sure he has his reasons .. or there are reasons .. :)

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

euhm yes thats the one. I don't get it. If Josh made these animation for Charactershop, why would he ask for new animations that are almost the same like the ones that come with the program.

• rifle_run
  • rifle_run_backward
  • rifle_run_left
  • rifle_run_right
  • rifle_turn_left
  • rifle_turn_right

Quality perhaps? I'm sure they were made a long time ago

• Upvote 1

Maybe because its a nightmare to get the models scaled correctly to use it ... it has no scaling facility in the application itself. Also, the verticies can only be tied to a single bone where as vertex weightings to four or more is common these days giving much more control over the mesh deformation. Having said that, I actually think the animations are very good!

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I can't view your animation right now because I do not have 3ds max.

If you are not an expert at animating, I would not put any more time into it. Thanks for trying to help, though.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like what you see then I will animate the character for you

Yoshi in a walk cycle

Just some practice

This animation is in its first step tangent phase, so its choppy because I was roughing it out, cant find the actual finished aniamtion file

Trying to practice storyboard driven animations

A custom rig I made for someones model in case you dont want to utilize biped for the soldier model

One of my Facial Rigging examples

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart

Unfortunately, I can't see what I am looking for examples of in those videos. I contacted the guy who made the FPSC character animations.

Ah ok no problem

Working on a major RPG project.......will showcase soon.

www.kevintillman1.wix.com/tillmansart