small code for game styles

YouGroove

What is lacking are small type game tutorials.

You can find some other engines examples, but LE3 direct example would be better.

Like :

-Space ship :

I don't know how the hell to make it ? Physics ? how keep ship not moving and trusting ? how detect collision with other ships precise ?

- WipeOut type game ? again physics i don't think is the way to go ? how to keep it on air ?

-2.5D platforming game. Actually not possible or problems with Z axis like discussed on the past.

-Top down shooter with bullets ? how to ?

etc ..

LE3 tutorial is mainly 3rd person ahck and slash.

LE3 has lot of work until end of the year indeed.

I just hope LE3 code base to grow up in terms of code for different game types.

Stop toying and make games

there are already examples for First Person and Third Person and the RPG Third Person.

When i started with LE3 i played a bit with a space ship control but wasn't very succesful.

But now after i worked a bit more with LE3 i think it is not that hard to do it. I might even start on it again.

As long as you don't need actual car physics with wheels etc. (since i don't see fitting joints in the documentation) i think you could even make a racing game.

I really think you can do most of it already. Maybe with some limitations here or there.

If you miss it just start coding and ask questions about some details.

No game engine gives you a fully finished game that fits all your requirements.

-2.5D platforming game. Actually not possible or problems with Z axis like discussed on the past.

It's definitely possible but Leadwerks doesn't have the full physics control needed to make it ideal. Aily made an incredible platformer (here) but had to limit his scope. I'm trying to use Box2D for mine but you have to do workarounds for it too.

Last chapter has is own physics coding for platformer.

In some other indie engine, 2.5D platforming is popular game, specially published on mobile.

Sad LE3 not having good enought physics and example working code.

For space ship, between thinking it's not so hard and making it, it's not super trivial , believe me laugh.png

For physics, not beeing able to adjust friction like i seen, seems pretty limiting for physics type games.

I agree you have 3rd game style for now.

FPS style, sorry but the tutorial is not based on a real model player, this is just camera movement with 3D models in front.

Even crouch and collision detection would fail or you would have to code your own.

Even FPS tutorial there is missing :

- no real C++ framework example code (managing NPC and attacking you)

- Physic bulets move and collision management (not raycast only)

- simple example of NPC with supid simple AI

Well i just wanted to point out, that something LE3 would need after the nex big update at the end of the year, to attract more people.

Some people feel lot more easy to re use or modify existing code example.

"Darkness" game is a good example : it's working and just copy/paste/modify the code you need is so much simple,

could it be player code or goblin NPC code.

Stop toying and make games