Mini project: Minigolfmania

AggrorJorn

I didn't only try CSG. The first demo (0.01) was a csg ball while the second one (0.01) was a Sphere created via Model:CreateSphere. This worked for me when making tutorials but it doesn't seem to be good idea in this case. Anyway, I am glad the jittering is solved. Now on to the rest. The next demo will contain a 'model' of a sphere. (just a sphere that I dragged and created in Blender. :) )

And this is why game dev is so hard. Nothing ever works right :) You might have to get more involved into the physics. For example bouncing manually when colliding with the sides by adding forces and slowing the ball down yourself perhaps?

I have uploaded version 0.03.

(see first post for download)

Improvements

• Camera jittering has been reduced by 90% - 95%.
  • The game starts with level selection.

Further known issues

• Bug during level switching has not yet been fixed sad.png
    • Josh is working on it.

[*]Boundries still absorb any bounce back forces.

[*]Lightmapping sometimes looks weird.

[*]Ball and scenery seem to completely ignore friction.

• Level csg has been set to scene collision type that makes movement smoother.

• 1 year later...

Looking great, Aggror! I really like the part where you move the hole on another terrain. tongue.png

If you need a custom skybox for your golf game, let me know. wink.png

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3