[Solved] Questions about Lua

AggrorJorn

I am still confused with the use of Lua and the script editor. I have created a new Lua project to test out some Lua scripting.

The first thing that I wonder about are the run and debug button. There is no C++ code involved, so why are they both looking for an executable while I am building a Lua project?

post-45-0-57307100-1365887510_thumb.jpg

The new Lua project needs the executable built. The new program has some parameters filled into the source code that are based on the values you enter when creating a new project. So you must compile it with Visual Studio or Xcode before running it.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yeah, going forward we have to compile the exe's in both release and debug even for Lua since those exe's are what App.lua get passed to so it runs. When you get the map not supported with new version you have to go to VS and recompile also as it'll point to the updated libs.

There were two reasons for this decision.

• Based on the feedback we got at the GDC, we are focusing on C++ as our primary game language. It is expected the user should have Visual C++ 2010 or Xcode installed to compile games.
  • I wanted to reduce the number of builds required to update Leadwerks 3. (And for your own created projects, you would have to recompile the executable anyways.)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.