iOS Retina display input issues

Rick

If you launch the simulator and go to Hardware->Devices and select any Retina simulator and then launch any game that takes input via touch/click (possibly model picking as that's what I'm doing) it doesn't register those touches/clicks.

If you comment out ViewController.mm->view.contentScaleFactor = 1.0 the clicking works but the gfx are so degraded that this can't be the solution.

[edit] Actually now that I think about it this might only be on the simulators as my iPad is retina and it worked for touching/clicking.

Degraded?

Not 100% sure this is technically a bug, because the official behavior is to render to the regular resolution on retina devices, and I can't think of any reason to not do that. But I will leave it here and investigate when I have a chance.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I guess I mentioned it because when I talked about the 2D issues you told me about this and to comment it out. That gave me the reason to do it :), and this is the result I saw, so I reported it.

• 3 weeks later...