how tall is the barbarian dude? Game units question

afecelis

Hi everyone,

As you know I model and texture my stuff in blender which is a metric 1:1 application. When I load my models into the editor they seem to be properly scaled, however If I bring in the barbarian mdl into my map things start to look a bit small and under-sized. Scaling my building up to a 1.2 or 1.5 factor seems to make things proportional again between the barbarian model and the building. Is this process of making things proportional a trial and error exercise? or is it an exact science? If I were to create my main structures as bsp brushes in the editor,can I trust that 1 LE unit = 1 meter so that when I insert model props created in a DCC tool their scales will match? (p.s. poor barbarian dude hurting with his normal-mapped beard! lol)

barbarian_height.jpg

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8

Lol! concise answer! I'm 1.76, barbarian kicks my butt! unsure.png

So importing stuff and using him as a scale/proportion reference is an OK method to create stuff?

ps. Thanks for the quick answer.

Win8.1 Pro X64/ Intel core I7 @ 3.5GHz / 32GB DDR3 SDRAM / GeForce GTX 660+760/ VC++ Express 2013/ Blender /Unwrap3dpro3 /Modo 8