Character Animation Orientation

Hi Josh,

I've created my own character which is still a WIP but have noticed something. Pretty sure this worked properly in LE2.

-Using character studio for bones.

-This happens once the animation script is applied

- It seems the rotation of the Bip01 root node effects the orientation of the character in game when animated.

e.g. I'm creating a character rotated in a sideways stance by the Bip01 node in 3ds max. The direction of the Bip01 node becomes is the new forward direction in LE3 when animated. If no animation is applied there is no issue.

I can test this by using the player script the player faces and moves to the forward position of the Bip01 node when animated.

- I would have thought that the rotation of this node would make no difference to the overall orientation of the player and you can animate the root node as you please.

Note that if the character is placed in the game without animation it orient's properly.

Let me know if what I have explained was unclear? This is a bit of a tricky one to describe.

Cheers

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0