Max FPS limit

I removed it because it did not work very well, and it's kind of a dumb feature. Vsync already does this.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

It does matter because I don't want to spend time on an edge case that has no benefit to most users.

Technical debt kills software.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I did not noticed significant issues with current FPS limit implementation so it was already better than nothing.

Beside 500 Hz 360 and 240 screens are also a thing. Also VSync adds an input lag which is crucial for action games, especially for multiplayer ones.

Even for g-sync fps limiter needs to be to eliminate input lag (to make it lower by 3 then screen hz - 141 if 144 etc).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have to agree with Dreikblack. FPS limiter is needed in the future, because too high FPS breaks the logic of scenes and unpredictably speeds up the operation of physical objects. This is not critical only for very small games; for more or less large games this feature is required.
And maybe it was 'dumb' in Leadwerks as techincal realization, but it works very well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...