Game not launching.

ErhanK

I started a project and built it as both debug and release. Either way, the game hangs on a black screen at the start map.

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631)

13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700H (20 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU
32GB RAM

I am looking into it. In the meantime, version 0.9.4 is available to choose from in the application settings in Steam.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi, I just tried the following with a GEForce 1080 and the latest driver 552.12.

• Deleted the file "C:\ProgramData\Ultra Engine\settings.json" to reset all settings.
  • Launched Ultra Engine Pro on Steam, default branch (0.9.5)
  • Created a new project.
  • Opened the Visual Studio solution and compiled for debug and release.
  • Ran the game, and the start.map game opened and ran.

Questions:

• Are you launching from the editor or from Visual Studio?
  • If you are in the editor, do you have the start.map scene open in the editor when you launch?
  • This is a new project, right, not an old project that was previously created with the Vulkan build of Ultra?

It sounds like maybe the program is not loading the starting map, so there is no camera and just a black screen.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi, I will try again.. After building, I started it from the editor and start.map was open. This is my new computer. I freshly installed the 0.9.5 version and created a project for the first time. It was not a project I had worked on before. However, when I created a fresh project, the project manager informed me to upgrade the project.