CreateBallAndSocketJoint

Alienhead

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

I did a straight one to one copy from the docs.  But sadly, it errors out at the CreateBallAndSocketJoint command. 

I haven't tried any of the other physics commands yet. But I have no reason to believe they are working either..

local displays = GetDisplays()

-- Create a window
local window = CreateWindow("Ultra Engine", 0, 0, 1280, 720, displays[1], WINDOW_CENTER | WINDOW_TITLEBAR)

-- Create a framebuffer
local framebuffer = CreateFramebuffer(window)

--Create a world
local world = CreateWorld()

--Create a camera    
local camera = CreateCamera(world)
camera:SetClearColor(0.125)
camera:SetPosition(0, 0, -6)

--Create light
local light = CreateBoxLight(world)
light:SetRange(-20, 20)
light:SetRotation(35, 35, 0)
light:SetColor(3)

local parent = CreateBox(world)
parent:SetColor(0, 0, 1)

local child = CreateBox(world)
child:SetPosition(4, 0, 0)
child:SetMass(1)
child:SetColor(0, 1, 0)
child:AddForce(0, 0, 100)
child:AddTorque(100, 0, 0)

local joint = CreateBallAndSocketJoint(parent.position, parent, child)
joint:SetLimits(0, 360)

while window:Closed() == false and window:KeyDown(KEY_ESCAPE) == false do
    world:Update()
    world:Render(framebuffer)
end

• Solution

There is a typo in my declaration of this function. You can work around this temporarily by supplying a second Vec3 to the function arguments like this:

local joint = CreateBallAndSocketJoint(parent.position, Vec3(0), parent, child)

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hmm okay I suppose.

Here is the very next command i tried. 

Am I correct in assuming the command IntersectsBrush() is non exist? It's a hang command in my editor.

self.abox=CreateBoxBrush(world)
    self.reachpivot=CreateBoxBrush(world)
        if self.reachpivot:IntersectsBrush(self.abox) then note("hit") end

I have added some commands in the API and I guess I did not update the Lua declarations to match. This is the method syntax:
IntersectsBrush(shared_ptr<Brush> brush, shared_ptr<Face> face = NULL, const float epsilon = 0.0f)

I am adding the required overloads now. NIL probably won't work for the face until I add the right syntax.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I have replaced the function declaration with this code, which will handle all variations:

"IntersectsBrush", sol::overload(
  [](Brush& b, shared_ptr<Brush> bb, std::nullptr_t, float e) { return b.IntersectsBrush(bb, nullptr, e); },
  [](Brush& b, shared_ptr<Brush> bb, shared_ptr<Face> f, float e) { return b.IntersectsBrush(bb, f, e); },
  [](Brush& b, shared_ptr<Brush> bb, std::nullptr_t) { return b.IntersectsBrush(bb, nullptr); },
  [](Brush& b, shared_ptr<Brush> bb, shared_ptr<Face> f) { return b.IntersectsBrush(bb, f); },
  [](Brush& b, shared_ptr<Brush> bb) { return b.IntersectsBrush(bb); }
),

An update will be available tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Josh said:

If you are running in debug mode it should tell you more information about the error.

Ohhh trust me, I wish nothing else but other than that I was running in debug mode.

Here we can see I have the launcher json 

image.thumb.jpeg.e7b49ae7b1896613d11272d85b8e308f.jpeg

This shows I have the debug exe inside the directory.

image.thumb.jpeg.1bbc6b88507b768d40c719a2d65e4d09.jpeg

This demostrates the linker properly working --

image.thumb.jpeg.4fe0977c335382ae87856005ee416346.jpeg

And here is where the good times end - 

image.thumb.jpeg.3d69920ea4aa6f9e9289cd9c1a97087a.jpeg

Some things I've tried  - 

Completely removing my Firewall, reinstalling VScode, reinstalling VCRuntime's , testing debugger with Unity ( works ).

PS: Are projects bound to the documents folder? Only thing I can think of is I use an alternative directory for projects ( I try and avoid the documents folder at all costs. )

You do have the Lua debugger extension installed, right?: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=devCAT.lua-debug

Do you have other Lua extensions installed that might be interfering with this?

5 hours ago, Alienhead said:

PS: Are projects bound to the documents folder? Only thing I can think of is I use an alternative directory for projects ( I try and avoid the documents folder at all costs. )

Projects can be created in any folder.

This is the only mention I can find of this same error: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/76122037/how-do-i-set-up-to-run-love2d-lua-game-when-i-want-to-the-only-way-i-can-finagl

Have you tried added a variable "program"? Do the JSON settings recognize this value, or does it show a yellow curvy underline under the word "program"?

"program": "${workspaceFolder}/Controller_d.exe",

5 hours ago, Alienhead said:

This shows I have the debug exe inside the directory.

image.thumb.jpeg.1bbc6b88507b768d40c719a2d65e4d09.jpeg

Why is there no .vscode folder here?

I do not know what those all are. You only need the file I linked to. Installing repackaged redistributables from a third party that "removes bloat" is highly suspicious.

Installing Visual Studio Community Edition 2022 is also a guaranteed way to get it installed right.

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

I do not know what those all are. You only need the file I linked to. Installing repackaged redistributables from a third party that "removes bloat" is highly suspicious.

Installing Visual Studio Community Edition 2022 is also a guaranteed way to get it installed right.

Okay, reinstalling VStudio Community 2022 now.