Build, Play, Debug

Alienhead

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Just to mention once more, I have asked on discord and another thread somewhere but no reply. 

The in the current latest 0.9.5 I have no Build project option under >File and also hitting F5 or clicking on the Run Game, Debug option flashes and red bar at the bottom of the screen saying Game Is Running ( for about .500 millisecs ) but no game is compiled or ran. This is off a straight new install, loading the default Start.ultra project so no mods were made or changed.

Is this common for the current state of the engine ?

Well, in Lua there is nothing that needs to be built, but I can confirm the Lua executable is not working...

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

This is correct on the Steam build.

I am having trouble uploading the files on our server. I don't know why, I have never seen it slow like this.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Your project probably needs the new executables I uploaded. To get them, open the project manager and hit the sync icon.

Hmm I've tried everything I can think of. I have completely uninstalled the client and engine, reinstalled it, I've started entirely new projects and tried to run just the start.ultra file without altering anything, I've reinstalled VC runtimes.  Still same results. I get about a 1 sec pause after hitting Run. then it drops.

This is the executable it makes - 

AllNew_.rar

Yes.

Are you sure you created a Lua project? A C++ project will not have an executable until you compile it yourself in Visual Studio.

That just makes it so you have to run the installer bat file yourself. This is a security feature so you can see exactly what it is doing before you run it.

If the feature is disabled then the script should just run automatically. If it needs admin permissions it will ask for it.

Well manually running that Update.bat resolved the issue, if that helps any.

From what I can tell it never was doing to patch update you made last night so I was always on the broken Lua.socket. , but it always reported the install was upto date. 

The differences in my compile size and yours gave it away!  :)