Advanced Project Manager

SpiderPig

Discord for AdvancedProjectManager

ProjectManager.zip

I made this for Leadwerks years ago and have begun getting it ready for Ultra.  Currently it's designed for exporting your projects so that they're ready to share.  It can zip files and / or folders, it can encrypt and password protect them.  It can also manager the upload process to Steam.  It just needs your username, password, APP ID and DEPOT ID and it will upload it for you.

Things to do;

• Bug Fixes
  • Advanced management of project updating

First thing to do is set the path to Ultra Engine and the path to your projects.

AdvancedProjectManagerSettings.thumb.png.fabc07bfedfe171794869f45cf6ee024.png

Screenshot

AdvancedProjectManager.thumb.png.8ad4668d9c78c1fd2a78df01bd8c84ac.png

• Like 3

I think this is really useful despite the UI being a bit overwhelming at first. Some bugs here and there but I see it's potential. 

Here are my suggestions/ideas:

1. I would remove Steamworks altogether. People probably aren't going to feel good about putting their Steam information into a 3rd party app. 
  2. Your packager doesn't do what I expected. I expected it to at least act like the Leadwerks publisher by zipping the game content and pasting the package into a new folder along with the executable and the dlls. Also, using separate folders doesn't seem to work. 
  3. If possible, I recommend you rebuild the application using the engine library. It has ZipLib included, and your application can be multiplatform. I'm taking you wrote this in C# or some other .NET framework. 
  • Like 2

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

Yeah the UI needs attention.  I just threw it together so that I could use it.  There are many bugs, I'm actually working on this right now.

1. I did think people wouldn't like entering their steam info.  It doesn't have to be used, but I do use it.  At the very least I could still manage the steam sdk and just have the user input their steam details into the command prompt that show up, as they'll have to do that anyway to upload.
  2. I forgot to remove a couple of options;
    • Everything - should package the entire game folder into one zip file and move it to the export path.
    • All folders - should package all the folders within the game folder into one zip named "data.zip".  E.g. The publish folder should contain Data.zip and MyGame.exe as well as any DLL that is needed.
    • All Files - doesn't work atm
    • Separate Folders - Keeps all the folder hierarchy within the game folder but will package all files within that folder. (If this isn't working it's a bug, it works for me)
      • Steam may have changed now... but when I made this it was needed for making small downloads for any updates.  I found that if I had one large package (1GB or so)  even if I changed one file, steam saw that the whole package had changed so it uploaded the whole thing again and said there was a 1GB update for users.  Compressing each folders contents separately helped reduce that update size.
    • Separate Files - doesn't work atm.  I was thinking here it could compress / encrypt each file separately.
  3. It's using C#.  I probably will remake it with Ultra engine for those reasons.

Thanks for your input! :)

• Like 1

One thing I was trying to do was zip up files by extension and use raw asset timestamps to check if any of the files are newer than the previously made packages. My application didn't work 100% but I think this was before ZipLib was introduced as part of the engine (?) I'm not sure, it's been a while since I tried to make my own tools.

• Like 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!