LE 3 : custom collision planned ?

YouGroove

IF i load one model that is my level or a level section, i can't use it's shape as collision actually.

It's a complicated model os i won't make collision with BSP or i would put days.

I see there is some .phy file collision ? where is the tool to generate it ?

It should be better to have a .FBX for collision instead of .phy, it's LE3 no more LE2 , let's forget Phy files and tools (let's be more simple and standard)

Why not just having also on collision menu some option like :

- Use model shape for collision

So will it be in future update some changes for physics as i don't plan BSP based level ?

- FBX for custom physic shape

- Option in collision menu to use directly the model's physic shape

Stop toying and make games

blender has a great decimate modifier that you can use to get a collision shape from a complex model

No probelm , i can do retopology also smile.png

So we reach the heart of the question again : what can i do now that i have used the decimate function ?

What do i do with that low poly collsion model ?

Where can i tell LE 3 : use that low poly for collision ?

Really does anyone know how to have precise model collision ?

How to use model shape for collison ? (without using strange Phy file)

I just can conclude there is no way.

So i just have to use BSP with LE 3 no other choice sad.png

small correction:

In the Assets tab, right clicking on the model will give 'Generate Shape'. In the scene tab right clicking on a csg model gives 'save as shape' but can't do that with a custom 3rd party model. Also a bug here when right clicking on models in Assets tab sometimes the context menu keeps getting more and more of the same 3 options added until the menu is massive :)

well of course Josh and Chris are still at GDC, and so I technically do not know how to do this, but my guess would be:

Include as a part of your entity/model's main flowgraph script an output that you can connect to a physical proxy node complete with orientation variables and whatever bells and whistles you think you want to have or simply type it in with the in editor exposed properties tab. So even though it appears to be an enigma at the moment I think in a week or so it will be incredibly intuitive to deal with this which is why I'm not concerned about it at the moment.

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

In the Assets tab, right clicking on the model will give 'Generate Shape'.

didn't find that in docs ? or it is , and it should be more showed as important for model collisions ?

Strange but in "Physic" view i don't see the model turning blue to say it's the model shape as physic collision ?

And in collision tab if i try to open some Phy file i see any file like that anywhere ?

Does it worked for you Rick on some custom model ?

This collision mode should be transparent, or allow us to import a FBX shape for collision, and not LE 2 "Phy" file :(

In the scene tab right clicking on a csg model gives 'save as shape' but can't do that with a custom 3rd party model

Well perhaps because you do it one time only for a model in the asset.

In the scene tab, they are only instances : you will not generate the shape for 20 instances, but do it one time only in the asset tab.

It makes sense.

Anyone have tried that solution :

In the Assets tab, right clicking on the model will give 'Generate Shape'.

Because i don't see any collision color when i turn the view in collision mode ? perhaps it's normal ?

I'll retry tonight at home.

Ok it was nowhere in the Docs wacko.png

Here is the solution :

- Import FBX mode

- In asset panel , right click on model and choose "Polymesh"

- Save the physic file "Phy" it under same folder as model for example

- Drag and drop your model in the 3D Scene

- on Scene Folder : select your model, go under "Physics"

- And choose the "Phy" file for collision.

The disadvantage of that System :

- You do it manually , even when you just want same collision as model shape simply

- For each instance fo the model you put on the scene you will have to go under scene panel and choose each time the Phy file sad.pngwacko.png

We should do it only one time under assets for a model, not for each copy sad.png

We should be able to choose any FBX model for physic shape.