Thumbs

Alienhead

Go to solution Solved by Alienhead,

Is this an AMD thing still?  I usually never show generated thumbs for models if it's even getting generated.. And also for MATS, when I create a new mat it shows as blank box.  This has happened since the early beta's.. Was wondering if it was tied to the amd drivers as well.

BTW, amd released new drivers this week..   No improvements with all the issues I've had using the engine. 

thumbs.thumb.png.fc970363199a23e151d220e91e09065c.png

I would say 9 out of 10 models I import this happens to.   The ones in the project template are OK. 

If i click a model I import that does not have a thumb,  I have a 50% chance of the editor closing/crashing. If it loads up the preview window and I hit save then I usually get a thumb the next time I load up the editor. Not always though, it's really hit and miss.

Negative, just a silent shutdown.  Sometimes I have to power boot my system, it''ll sit there and then slowly become nonresponsive.  Is this the same command used to switch to the single viewport mode in the editor? That option in the editor acts identically to trying to run this script.

Not sure if this helps any but...  with the last few dev builds the editor does not always load up. I would say 3 out out 5 times it sits theres and memory gets used to the point my mouse won't move.  I either have to do a power-cycle or get lucky with ctrl alt delete and shutdown the app.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...