Attempt

Alienhead

I decided to install a fresh copy of windows and Radeon drivers to see if it would help the current situation.

I haven't been able to get Ultra back up, I'm certain I'm missing something but haven't been able to figure it out yet.

This is what I show when loading up Ultra after my clean installs.  

image.thumb.png.675ec5765391aa1a8d92b74ed50c198a.png

Well I reinstalled win 22h3 but instead of using the AMD official drivers I thought I'd try something new.  ( https://www.amernimezone.com/ ) .

These drivers did not clear everything, single viewport crashes, and some thumbs never show, but it did help with all the random crashes I was getting in the editor, still get a few but 90% less than there were. So it's pretty clear to me AMD official drivers are not working to well in Ultra.  The 3rd party drivers however worked much better.. plus it allow the bat file to compile shaders and Ultra editor actually loaded them up this time.

ss1.thumb.jpg.4c6b16a0366940f2fbb611dfdd421848.jpg

You don't ever need to compile shaders yourself. The shader binary files are provided in the /Shaders folder. The shader source code files are just there for customization.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 3 weeks later...