Bad Importing workflow

MarKli

I've now tried to load a model but I think that's absolute horror at the moment. I've already tried out a lot of game engines but the workflow here is still pretty bad at the moment. You don't feel like you have any real freedom as to how you want to manage it yourself, but I just have the feeling that you should do it the way the editor wants.

For example. I import an fbx model so far everything is okay. save it in a different folder than glTF and put all the textures in from another large folder with all the textures, now I save the glTF the editor creates 30 textures... in the same folder, but I don't want to have any textures there, only glTF data . Or should I make 1000 folders with 1 glTF file each? If I made 10 glTF files in one folder, all the textures would confuse me and I would no longer have an overview. I think this should all be reconsidered.

I don't quite understand. You want a glTF file to be saved in a different folder than its textures? Normally these all get saved in the same location.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yes, I would like to have my 3D models and textures separated. I would like to create a Props folder with 20 3d models. In the current state it would be totally confusing with the textures because every model has 3 textures. I just want to open the folder and see 3D model over the pictures.