1 View port crash

Alienhead

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

I made a 64x64 terrain, it seems it got hung up for about 30 secs, amd crash report came up.. anyways went to restart the editor, and it crashes before the editor ever loads.  I'm not sure if you are wanting all these error reports at this time but thought I'd mention it, I'm really stuck right now. Most everything I try results in this crash, I have to uninstall the entire package and reinstall to get back in the editor.

err.thumb.jpg.33ff90f9f73367dc8c2a9a8e86e78182.jpg

Hey good news, the dev version works for me, was able to create a terrain ( any size ) and save and load without problems on both AMD systems. Still cant go single viewport though, it expands the window and everything looks fine but it locks up and eventually closes without warning..  but at least i can work on a map now and reload it. :)

I find it way cool that you can create a terrain, move it around like a normal object, then create another one next to it! all with their own nav meshes..  oh man the game ideas are flooding my head as we speak. 

Excuse my random babbling, I'm still in the ewww--ahhh stages of discovering features.. and I can't get over the clean, crispness of the rendering for a real-time time engine. 

Any instructions on setting up Vcode with the debugger and instructions on getting the code editor to run Ultra scripts?

doh - https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=devCAT.lua-debug

40 minutes ago, Alienhead said:

Any instructions on setting up Vcode with the debugger and instructions on getting the code editor to run Ultra scripts?

doh - https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=devCAT.lua-debug

It will work pretty easily, just make sure the settings is enabled to set breakpoints everywhere:
https://www.ultraengine.com/learn/Programming?lang=lua

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Some info on the latest Radeon drivers, seems to community is upset with them

Still very much broken:

Run a 3d load (moderately demanding game)

Tab out

Open a browser (maximized)

Open task manager - sort by power usage

Start shuffling the mouse through your taskbar icons

Watch as Radeon Host Service skyrockets to Very High, and brace for a driver crash

I made a topic on this sub, that got swept under the rug (tech megathread)

I knew I should had went back to Geforce, but at that time geforce chips were SKY HIGH and I got a fast radeon for under $300. Oh well.. lesson learned. :(

• 4 months later...
  • Solution

The single-viewport issue is fixed in 0.9.5. I am not sure if the map loading issue is still active. Please try to avoid mixing different issues together in the same thread, thanks.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.