QUESTION: Are there any limits to what we do?

scel5525pro2

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

So as the title says, im wondering if the code has any limits when using ultraengine (LUA), i dont have bad intentions but will the program limit parts of code such as logging IPS and being able to access the pc, create keyloggers etc. Also wanna know will there be some type of credits like unity when u open a ultra engine program (Will it show a text for 10 seconds saying “POWERED BY ULTRAENGINE”)? Would thr owners care if we made something bad with their program or are we just allowed to create anything

• Solution

The install and update system logs activity on our server and includes IP address and user ID. It only logs the calls the client application makes to the server for installing and downloading updates, not any activity or information that occurs on your computer.

You do not have to mention Ultra Engine anywhere in your game (credits, documentation, etc.)

There is this in the EULA:

This SOFTWARE PRODUCT and all services provided may be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any UNITED STATES, State or City law is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret and other statute. You agree to indemnify and hold ULTRA SOFTWARE harmless from any claims resulting from the use of this SOFTWARE PRODUCT, which may damage any other party.

However, I am going to remove the part about "what we judge to be threatening or obscene" (it's boilerplate) because it is not my job to make moral judgements about what you make with the engine, and U.S. law will suffice.

Additionally, the license that is being sold right now cannot be used in military or government contracts, or by companies with excess in 100,000 USD annual revenue. (I plan to offer an enterprise version in the future for these customers.)

https://www.ultraengine.com/eula

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:35 PM, Josh said:

The install and update system logs activity on our server and includes IP address and user ID. It only logs the calls the client application makes to the server for installing and downloading updates, not any activity or information that occurs on your computer.

You do not have to mention Ultra Engine anywhere in your game (credits, documentation, etc.)

There is this in the EULA:

However, I am going to remove the part about "what we judge to be threatening or obscene" (it's boilerplate) because it is not my job to make moral judgements about what you make with the engine, and U.S. law will suffice.

Additionally, the license that is being sold right now cannot be used in military or government contracts, or by companies with excess in 100,000 USD annual revenue. (I plan to offer an enterprise version in the future for these customers.)

https://www.ultraengine.com/eula

Will we be able to create apps for ios/mobile? if so will files and stuff still work or will it be different?

Mobile is not supported yet, but Oculus Quest support is a high priority, and it’s running on Android. Basis universal texture format is supported. This provides an intermediate texture compression format that works with both PC and mobile.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Just now, Josh said:

Mobile is not supported yet, but Oculus Quest support is a high priority, and it’s running on Android. Basis universal texture format is supported. This provides an intermediate texture compression format that works with both PC and mobile.

by mobile is not support yet, you have plans to make compatible with mobile?

7 minutes ago, scel5525pro2 said:

by mobile is not support yet, you have plans to make compatible with mobile?

Eventually, but I don’t  have any schedule for that yet.

• Like 1