Release Notes

Josh

• Added a good SSAO post-processing effect that handles antialiasing.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Implemented specular / gloss shader family

IMPORTANT: You must delete your C:\ProgramData\Ultra Engine\settings.json file, or at least open the file up and remove the currently opened folder setting. You must update any project's shaders before opening it, because the material structure in the shaders has added members and is no longer the same size. If you don't do this, you will get no rendering and your graphics driver may crash.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

0.9.5 on Steam

• Zip packages are now case-insensitive.
  • >4 GB zip files now supported.
  • AES zip encryption now supported, I think.
  • CreatePackage, Package::AddFile, and Package::Flush commands are removed (zip files are read-only).
  • Other bug fixes abound.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Update to solve the duplicate components when entities are copied in editor bug.
  • If you have any compiling problems, updating VS will solve it. I think I solved it regardless, but will hold off until tomorrow to upload another update.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything updated, on Steam and standalone, this sorts out the terrain problem. Nothing had to be programmed, I just had to make sure all the executables, libraries, and shaders were really up to date.

• Thanks 1

• Today's bug fixes included.
  • Added Texture::GetIndex(). (Returns the OpenGL texture name / id, only use this in a rendering hook).
  • Added Texture::GetHandle() (Returns the OpenGL bindless sampler handle).
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Some bug fixes
  • Added experimental support for FBX and X files. Animation is not yet supported.
  • You must add this header search path to existing C++ projects in the project settings:
    $(ULTRAENGINE)\Include\Libraries\assimp\include
  • You will also see noticeably smoother camera movement, best with release mode and VSync on.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Removed assimp library due to this issue.
  • Removed FBX to glTF converter script.
  • Removed Collada to glTF converter script.
  • Added FBX to MDL converter tool and script.
  • Fixed bug that would cause launched processes to hang forever. This could affect both your launched games, converters, and possibly the preview tool.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Map loading from asset browser now supported.
  • Added clear button in world settings environment map fields (icon has the wrong path, will be fixed in next update)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Fixed Camera::SetUniform integer variables.
  • Added Camera::SetUniform Mat3 and Mat4 overloads.
  • Camera::SetUniform texture will work with either a GLSL uvec2 or a uint64.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Added selection toolbar item
  • Added basic implementation of drag-select area. The volume intersection test is not exact yet.
  • Revised the way converters work to make them more useful. I recommend deleting the FBXToglTF and ColladaToglTF scripts in Scripts/Start/Converters, if you have those files. Converters can now be enabled and disabled with settings. Everything is managed entirely in script, except for detecting files that need to be converted and emitting the convert file event.

image.thumb.png.a46c33dc389865a1fdc443b39c082a0a.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Vertex tool can now select objects.
  • Increase size of vertex indicators when DPI scaling is used.
  • Added default materials so brushes aren't bright white on creation.
  • Edge selection highlight thickness now adjusts with DPI scale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Fixed image converter errors.
  • All converters are now disabled by default.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Bug fixes
  • Camera::SetMSAA renamed to SetMsaa
  • Camera::SetSSR renamed to SetSsr
  • Thanks 1

Version 0.9.5 is now live on the default / stable branch, on Steam and on our site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First build of 0.9.6 available on beta branch, adds saving to the asset editor for the new version of our model format.

Embedded materials are saved as external files. They still get displayed the same way in the asset editor as embedded materials, and when you save the model it resaves the material files, so any changes you made will go into those files. This works out nicely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Asset editor will now save colliders embedded in an Ultra model file instead of as a separate file.
  • Asset editor now displays all materials a model uses, including external material files.
  • Added "Appearance" settings group in asset editor limb properties.
  • Added LOD distance setting in asset editor limb properties.
  • Model::SetLodDistance parameters changed, up to four LODs are supported.
  • Added World:GetEntitites to Lua API

image.thumb.png.5cdea7b8d58591b5639daa1b4132f56f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another small change I forgot to mention is that if the create object button in the toolbar is already selected and you click it again, it will open the object selection window. It's subtle, but improves the flow of the program.

• Thanks 1

• Fixed bug in editor where animated models would not appear the first frame, in the first viewport.
  • All directional light shadow cascades now render each frame in editor.
  • Fixed some glitches in the outline post effect.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Added Delete option when you right-click on a mesh in the asset editor.
  • Probably fixed bindless texture sampler uniforms.
  • Exposed Object:AddHook to Lua (experimental!).
  • Added some string functions for Lua.
  • Component updates now happen after animation is updated.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Josh unlocked this topic
  • Josh locked this topic