Leadwerks OSX 10.8.2 Cannot be opened error

Hi Josh,

Trying to launch Leadwerks on OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 but fails due to an error. I'm downloading again just in case something went wrong with the download as it looks like it may be a missing texture or something....

"Leadwerks cannot be opened due to a problem"

Process: Leadwerks [79686]

Path: /Applications/LeadwerksTestInstall/*/Leadwerks.app/Contents/MacOS/Leadwerks

Identifier: Leadwerks

Version: ???

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [143]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2013-03-04 18:27:57.408 +1030

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.8.2 (12C3103)

Report Version: 10

Interval Since Last Report: 1265643 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 65

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 3

Anonymous UUID: 3DCEECCD-090F-8E34-1597-6BBB6428A418

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/Scintilla.framework/Versions/A/Scintilla

Referenced from: /Applications/LeadwerksTestInstall/*/Leadwerks.app/Contents/MacOS/Leadwerks

Reason: image not found

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

Got it working

open a Finder window by clicking on your Macintosh HD

navigate to Library/Frameworks/

extract the Scintilla file and drop it into the Frameworks folder it should ask to authenticate.

Do it!

Leadwerks worked no probs after that.

Hope it helps!

trindieprod.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0steam-icon.png?dl=0twitter-icon.png?dl=0spacer.png?dl=0

If I might add to the OSX woes, DarknessAwaits does not start from editor, seemingly because of a simple path problem (backslash):

Failed to launch "/Applications/Leadwerks/Projects/DarknessAwaits\DarknessAwaits.debug.app".

The app can be started manually, though.

Hi Josh,

I'm having an issue compiling in xcode. The issue happens with a new project and the Darkness Awaits project. I try to compile however I'm getting the error "Leadwerks.h file not found". Do I just need to add the source folder into the project?

Cheers

No, you should not need to add anything.

Please make sure you have a bunch of header files in /Applications/Leadwerks/Engine/Source. Earlier versions of the installer did not automatically extract the headers.zip file.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I just generated a Mac Lua and CPP project and compiled it right away. The install path must be "/Applications/Leadwerks". I'm in Xcode 4.6.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi Josh,

Just a few things I have noticed with the OSX build (Just calling them as I see them). It appears that keyboard shortcuts don't work, they do work however through the main menu.

In OSX mouse scrolling in the viewport seems backwards. From what I'm used to in other engines/editors if you want to move forward you scroll forward.

With a light it starts out with a range of 5 if I edit the range less than five it defaults to 10

Cheers!

More for my own notes, but commenting out this line in BRL/System/MacOS.system.m fixes that crash:

//[panel setAllowedFileTypes:nsexts];

Also got a few issues with building onthe Mac. First, I my header files are in a "headers" folder under Engine/Source (I unzipped it that way), but the header search path by default is only looking in Engine/Source (non-recursive). Setting that to recursive, I get one step further and a new error

Please upgrade your GNU compiler to one that supports __declspec. (in spec.h)

I am using XCode 4.6 under OSX 10.7.5. Any help appreciated.

Hi Rastar the problem was the default path for the installer is something like LeadwerksTestInstall in the Application's folder. You need to go into the Applications folder and change it to Leadwerks. there is also a .cfg file there with project paths referencing that need to be changed. As soon as I did that I did a project clean and compiled which then worked.

• Upvote 1

Hi tjheldna,

yeah, I had already noticed the "TestInstall" thing (so I actually had two installations of Leadwerks on my Mac), however changing that and doing another update didn't help. After I trashed the Leadwerks folder and did a completely new installation, I at first wasn't able to run DarknessAwaits from the editor indebug mode. I was, however, able to build the project in XCode, and after that the debug run from the editor worked as well.

So, problem solved, thanks for your help!

Also got a few issues with building onthe Mac. First, I my header files are in a "headers" folder under Engine/Source (I unzipped it that way), but the header search path by default is only looking in Engine/Source (non-recursive). Setting that to recursive, I get one step further and a new error

Please upgrade your GNU compiler to one that supports __declspec. (in spec.h)

I am using XCode 4.6 under OSX 10.7.5. Any help appreciated.

Please re-download the installer. It now extracts header files automatically when the package changes.

Please re-download the installer. It now extracts header files automatically when the package changes.

Yes I did (see above) and everything worked fine. However, it seems the default path in the Updater is "/Applications/LeadwerksTestInstall" which I didn't notice and which gave me a second Leadwerks installation.

Ah, I see it now.

I fixed the installer so the default install path is /Applications/Leadwerks.

I fixed the save dialog error and will upload a new build today.

Looking at the Scintilla framework issue. I need to find another Mac to test with, since all my machines here work fine with it.